Finding distributor

Does anyone have suggestions for a good ignition set up.Want to convert to HEI but should I go with a 74 and up stock distirbutor or is there any peformance set ups available?Thanks

Most would tell ya, probably, go with HEI. But others as well as myself have had very nice results with the Pertronix setup. A plus with the pertronix is there's no electrical work involved. <P>-S

I replaced my Stock Ing Setup Points and Coil, with the pertronics Unit, Took me aprox 45mins, An the 430 cid runs better ,an starts better, Verry little Adjustments to make, We out here in Nevada Have to pass SMOG Certifacation, every year , This is the 1st year I have passed the Test , without Hassel ,like Retard timing and adj the carb foolin around with the Points, Ect, The engine has 114k mils,and for the money U can"t beat the Complete Set up Ignitor and coil ,

i myself like the HEI system, i have had trouble getting the lobe sensor system to work well, and i have concerns about being able to get parts when i am traveling in BFE.<P>with an HEI, you get easy parts availability, and something any average joe mechanic can fix.

Like I said, some like HEI, some like Pertronix. But even with a Pertronix Setup, your not at a loss on a trip as long as you carry with you a point/condenser set (and that one little wire). If it breaks, yank it out and put the p/c setup on and drive on...<P>I mean, hell, they fit in the glove box. haha<P>Either way ya go is good IMHO, just depends on the standard things. Money & Labor.. smile.gif" border="0<P>Good Luck!<P>-Scott