1946 Hudson pickup project

For Sale 1946 Hudson 128” wheelbase "Big Boy" ¾-ton pick-up.

Good Ohio title.

Odometer shows 11,374 miles. No engine or transmission. Has a 1947 four door Hudson car rear axle, and many spare parts from same car. Little rust on cab but the bed is rough. Original interior. Perfect for restoration project or put in modern drive train.

From the information I have been able to find.

Hudson only built Hudson pickup's from 1941 to 1947 excluding the war years.

1941 no production numbers found.

1942 only 270 built, short production year because of the war.

1943 to1945 no civilian production.

1946 only 3,374 built.

1947 less than 3,000 built.

I would guess there are less than 100 to 200 of these truck left.

I was told by the previous owner that it was originally used as a plumber’s truck in Upper Sandusky Ohio. I have kept it in dry inside storage for almost 12 years since I have owned it. We have moved and I have no place to keep it inside now

Asking $3200.00

Perry W. Stump

Bucyrus,Ohio

Ph: 419-562-6233

Email: oldcarspws@columbus.rr.com

Edited by 31 HUPMOBILE (see edit history)

Guest Richie09

Certainly a worthy project and I think a a fair price. With such a low production number I wonder if engine serial numbers followed the auto and what tranny was used.

For Sale 1946 Hudson 128” wheelbase "Big Boy" ¾-ton pick-up.

Good Ohio title.

Odometer shows 11,374 miles. No engine or transmission. Has a 1947 four door Hudson car rear axle, and many spare parts from same car. Little rust on cab but the bed is rough. Original interior. Perfect for restoration project or put in modern drive train.

From the information I have been able to find.

Hudson only built Hudson pickup's from 1941 to 1947 excluding the war years.

1941 no production numbers found.

1942 only 270 built, short production year because of the war.

1943 to1945 no civilian production.

1946 only 3,374 built.

1947 less than 3,000 built.

I would guess there are less than 100 to 200 of these truck left.

I was told by the previous owner that it was originally used as a plumber’s truck in Upper Sandusky Ohio. I have kept it in dry inside storage for almost 12 years since I have owned it. We have moved and I have no place to keep it inside now

Asking $3200.00

Perry W. Stump

Bucyrus,Ohio

Ph: 419-562-6233

Email: oldcarspws@columbus.rr.com

Hi Perry,

Actually, Hudson made pickups starting in the very early '30s. The earliest model I have actually seen is a 1934,

1934 Hudson Terraplane Pickup -

4614364250_b3a82f70a3.jpg

1936 Hudson Pickup Truck -

past_19_3.jpg

1937 Hudson Terraplane Pickup -

37%252520pickup.jpg

1938 Hudson Terraplane Pickup Truck (notice the 'name' change - one year only. Last year for the 'Terraplane' name) -

FL10_r423_01.jpg

1939 Hudson Pickup Truck -

61854_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

Good luck on your Sale -

Edited by 46HudsonPU (see edit history)

My understanding that prior to 1941 the pickups were built as Terraplane's not as Hudson's.

I have additional pictures of the interior.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]148118[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]148119[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]148120[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]148121[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]148125[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]148122[/ATTACH]

Actually, they are all the same company and they are all 'Hudsons'. Terraplane was just a less expensive & more basic model Hudson produced. The last year Hudson used the 'Terraplane' name was in 1938 - I am in the process of restoring a 1939 Hudson 112 (Model 90) pickup myself, and have two 1946 Hudson Pickups (hence, my 'handle').

There was also an Essex line prior to the Terraplane line (again, a less expensive Hudson), however it is more than a bit sketchy as to whether or not there were any commercial series produced out of the Essex line. Hudson also claims the 'Dover' commercial series, which was only produced for a few years (1929 thru 1930/31 (again, not clear) - essentially trucks.

Take a look at a book "The History of Hudson", by Don Butler. It gives a pictorial review of Hudson, and gives a good and accurate view of the vehicles Hudson produced.

Edited by 46HudsonPU (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

The truck has been sold.

I have recieved many calls from people interested in the pickup. Several people have stopped to look at it. I also recieved a couple of "shady" offers to buy it.

The truck has been picked up and is on its way to a new home. The new owner is a real nice guy, and wants to restore it. He has been looking for one of these for several years. I wish him well and hope to see the truck when it is done.

Thanks for all of the reply's to my post.

The truck has been sold.

I have recieved many calls from people interested in the pickup. Several people have stopped to look at it. I also recieved a couple of "shady" offers to buy it.

The truck has been picked up and is on its way to a new home. The new owner is a real nice guy, and wants to restore it. He has been looking for one of these for several years. I wish him well and hope to see the truck when it is done.

Thanks for all of the reply's to my post.

Perry,

If you are able (and with the new owner's permission), please send (PM or email) me his name and address, and I will see that he gets a copy of the WTN - the Hudson Essex Terraplane Club's award wining newsletter. No pressure, and the information will only be shared with the editor of the WTN...

Regards - Rick C.