Buick 455 in a 70 Chevelle?

I could use some advice on the Buick 455, what works and what doesn't work. I am dropping a 455 in my 70 chevelle and need some ideas. I don't know much about the Buick engines, basically what companies offer good intakes, heads, ignition, headers, and maybe EFI like Edelbrock, Holley or any others that specialize in Buicks. The motor is out of a 72 wildcat. Also I read somewhere that a short water pump works and fits better in the GM A-bodies then the long pump, is this true? Also I plan on replacing the 4 gear with a richmond 6 speed, do clutches interchange from the different GM divisions or is the Buick a specific clutch? I have the brackets for the ac, ps,and alt but have no components, do these also interchange between the divisions? Are there mods to the Buick that I shoud have done, and what should I do to make this motor really perform? Any help is much appreciated, and if any body has a 70-72 Buick A-body for sell and would like it to go to a good home, eventhough it would sit next a few chevelles, also drop me line because not only do I love chevelles but love the Buicks. Thanks

Won't it be fun when you run faster than a SS454, and after it's all over you open the engine compartment and there sits...<P>A BUICK 455!<P>I'd pay to see that!<P>Matthew

• 3 weeks later...

i am selling the shell of a 72 skylark, already set up for big block(frame pads),<BR>REALLY CHEAP!<BR>email me for more info<P>ihaveice@hotmail.com