ATTENTION......T-KEITH

I was scrolling through some of the old posts and came across one where you put a 350 into a regal? or lesabre? I can't remember. I have an 81 regal with the 3.8 and it is in need of some serious HP's. I have the 350 tranny in it and was wondering how much hp's your 350 was putting out? I think the 3.8 is only rated at like 120 hp's. Its really a dog. How many hp's do you think I could get out of a $1000 rebuild on a 350 buick? Any and all info is appreciated. Oh, I'm from Duluth, Minnesota if your anywhere near here. Thanks.

Hey, I actually haven't finished the swap yet. Winter got too much and my Lesabre bit the dust in Jan. Anyway, what year is your engine? Mine is an '80 which is the last and least powerful year. It was then rated at 165hp and 280 lb-ft of torque, but I put a TA cam in it, and may shave the heads before I'm done. If you have the 200R4 in your Regal now just use that tranny. I can get you more details, but I took out a 307 so I had to do a bit more.

Thanks a lot for the responses. I dont have a 350 yet, just wanted to get some info. Any years I should stay away from? Well, I already have the 350 Tranny in it so I'm set there. What have you got in your engine and what did it cost you? Thanks a lot!

Thanks a lot for the responses. I dont have a 350 yet, just wanted to get some info. Any years I should stay away from? Well, I already have the 350 Tranny in it so I'm set there. What have you got in your engine and what did it cost you? Thanks a lot!

Actually, I have the 200R4 in mine not the 350. The 350 may be a bit stronger, but the 200 is a four speed and will get alot better gas mileage. As for my engine, I got it for free, put about $100 in gaskets and $130 or so in the cam. Make sure you get a '75 or newer, so you'll be OK on unleaded gas. If the engine needs gaskets, order them through TA performance. I tried to get gaskets through several local auto parts stores and got the wrong gaskets several times. They kept giving me parts for Olds and Chevy engines. Most didn't know the difference.

Hey Keith 81 was the last year available for the Buick 350. At least it was if you were Canadian! 76 and up 350's were rated at 155hp net 75's were 165hp i think that is when they went from 8.5:1 to 8:1 compression.