1954 Buick Special Wagon

Bleach

Not mine nor have anything to do with it but worth a mention.

Wadaya think Mr. Earl?:cool:

1954 Buick Special Wagon

I think it couldn't be any farther from me and still be on dry land.:mad:

I think I'm getting to old, my hips and knees just started aching from looking at it.

I think if I did buy it Rita would leave me.

I think "Why did I just write the phone number down, I better take my BADD medicine"

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

Wow, that's nice. It reminds me of the 54 Century wagon that was in the same state as I recall. I love that color combination but you have to imagine it with fresh aqua paint. Wonder where the door panels are. Straight, typical surface rust. Where are our NW members!? Buy this for $1000 easy. Projects aren't selling.

I have noticed that as well. I think it is because really nice cars are going for between $10-15k right now

I've been looking for something in that price range but I've yet to find something nice around here.

Sadly I no longer have the health for any projects otherwise that wagon would have been in my garage by now.

I couldn't resist one of those northwest cars in 2008. Sometimes you just gotta do it. From Federal Way, Wa. to the wilds of western New York; 1600 bucks. I'd do it again. Getting too old to keep all my money.

Bernie

post-46237-143139101025_thumb.jpg

Whenever people can, they should copy more of the details about

the car into this forum--rather than just a link. In a few weeks the

Craig's List ad will have expired; but Buick fans may be interested

in that car months from now and would likely want to know how to

get in touch. And often, cars are still for sale months after they're

first advertised.

A useful idea which I think should be a Forum rule--It will definitely

help all of us car fans.

Good idea John. But in this case since the seller didn't give a phone number all we have to post are the pictures. I've been emailing the seller since it was first posted here. While on the subject, it really gripes me that people don't post their phone numbers with CL ads. I have been emailing about an ad for a little 4 door Special on the west coast for two weeks and no reply. Not sure if my emails are going to their spam box or what. It is very frustrating.

But if anyone "just likes the pictures" here they are along with the text of the ad.

>I have for sale a 1954 Buick Special Wagon partially dissembled. It will need to be towed. The price is OBO

post-31987-143139104496_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143139104479_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143139104485_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143139104487_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143139104488_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143139104491_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143139104493_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143139104494_thumb.jpg

Guest Rob McDonald

What is it about Buick wagons that makes parts of me ache? Maybe I was conceived in one, although my dad - at least I was told he was my dad - had a '39 Plymouth coupe at the time. You need this car, Mr. Earl, and it needs you. Make it happen.

Still no reply. Like I said, I am wondering how often my emails end up in Spam folders. I've been told it has before. I typically send email from both my email accounts just n case. Has anyone else communicated with the seller via email.

My biggest concern with this car is that the rear deck is going to be rusted out due to no rear window. The rust in the ftont floor is really more than I typically care to deal with. But, being its a wagon....

Wow, that's nice. It reminds me of the 54 Century wagon that was in the same state as I recall. I love that color combination but you have to imagine it with fresh aqua paint. Wonder where the door panels are. Straight, typical surface rust. Where are our NW members!? Buy this for $1000 easy. Projects aren't selling.

It may look like this. 1954 Buick Special Estate Wagon | RK Motors Charlotte | Collector and Classic Cars

From when I saw these on the showroom floor back in '54, I'm thinking the door panels need to loose the roll and pleat and there should be a seam down the center of the front and rear bench bottoms.

edit) but being as I was only four at the time my memory may be a little off

Edited by MrEarl
to qualify my original answer (see edit history)

Sadly the ad's expired but the good news, if you can call it that, Mr Earl was able to save the photos of the car. I recall the seller had another car for sale but I don't remember what it was, maybe the Chevy truck that appears in one of the photos.

I'll see if I can find the other ad if its not expired.

There is a poster further up on the AACA Transport section that needs a Packard transported from Mi to WA (if I recall). My friend Al Kiley could make a little money bringing the 54 Special Wagon back to at least Iowa (or further) for someone, if that would help. The fellow in MI with the Packard needing transport would need to pay to get the car out there, then Al could bring the 54 Special wagon back.

And no, I have 7 already and can't move a one of 'em so I am out of room.