AlexH

1940 Oldsmobile 4 door convertible

We have a 1940 4 door Olds convertible. I was looking for more information on what it is, i.e. series 90 phaeton? Also wanted to know where to start with a restoration. I know it's pretty rare, possible #26 of 50, but we do have a 1940 sedan that could help with parts, but really don't know where to begin. Anybody in particular that works on just these cars in the southeast? Thanks for any help...

You should talk to Mike Fusick of Fusick Automotive in Windsor Locks, CT. He's got body number 1.

Paul

Wow! Great info paul, just what i was looking for. I'll look him up and see if he will send me a picture. Is his restored? Thanks again!

This is an old thread but I have it’s younger sibling, a ‘41 Phaeton. Please share some photos if you have any.

C32B603E-772F-47AA-A956-C298CF8A5E33.jpeg

Edited by LeighR (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Only a year out this reply, but I hope this message finds you well and still enjoying your rare Oldsmobile. Anyway...

Beautiful car! Makes me seriously second guess my recent plans to sell mine. I have storage and other projects issues presently but that is worth building another garage for. However, I’m not sure I would want to get the restoration bill. 
  Here is one bad pic, but I will try to get some others up as I get it rolling again.