Sign in to follow this  
adam1982

Something possibly French

1926 or 1927 Model T Ford with some wild additions. WOW! What were they thinkin'?? Looks like some kind of weird street lamp for a grille.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

You may be correct about the grill being a lamp. This car appears to be a special display for Cibie ( painted on the rear fender) which is a French lighting company.

You may be correct about the grill being a lamp. This car appears to be a special display for Cibie ( painted on the rear fender) which is a French lighting company.

THAT'S what it looks like.....a giant Cibie light! Thanks....I saw that on the rear fender, but didn't connect the two.

post-37352-143139099681_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Hi,

In my dim and distant youth, and in the hayday of Cibie and BMC Minis on the Monte etc , I used to be a Cibie rally service engineer glueing lamps onto bent machinery, but do not remember Cibies ever having that pattern lights. Looks to me more like a Marchal??

Regards Vintman

PS Re Layden's comment on the T front axle being UK made, what is the ident feature please?