Green Hornet cars

bubba

If you get Turner Classic Movies then put it on now as they are playing the 1930's movie serial. Great cars.

They just blew up a 1929 Cadillac sedan. Also went to a auto junk yard where one of the guys is almost killed

when they drop an old motorcycle off the building on top of him but miss. Probably a 1917 Indian.

During a car chase between the Hornet and the crooks in a 1933 Cadillac , the different shots of the chase go

from daytime to night time and back again. Then before the Caddy , which was still a valuable car to them then, goes off

the cliff it turns into a 1920's sedan. Will be on again next Saturday.

Edited by bubba (see edit history)

I saw part of this serial a couple of weeks ago. I have to say I was disappointed with the Green Hornet's car as I had no idea what to expect in the 1930's. Only knew about the 1960's Imperials. For this he had a 1937 Lincoln Zephyr coupe with what looked like aluminum foil stepped fake trim. Pretty tacky and not very well disguised or impressive.

As many car might be destroyed in this series, at least they were just beaters at the time. Not like the stupid recent Green Hornet movie destroying 29 antique Imperials for a lame movie.

The whole movie serial looks like it was made for ten bucks which is what I like about it. TCM plays a lot of early thirties movies that show the cars in their somewhat natural habitat. Every car in the street doesn't have white walls. Many of the movies make "fun" of the wealthy which was good entertainment to the newly poor so there are a lot of big classics pulling up to the mansion or night club. TCM usually has a few 1929 to 1934 movies in a row and tomorrow morning at 7:45 eastern time they start with a 1929 Joan Crawford flick. These movies were made before the code was put into effect so they are surprisingly very racy.

http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/304993/Upper-World-Movie-Clip-I-Can-t-Hear-The-Engine.html

Edited by bubba (see edit history)