What would you change???

bb1970

Just thinking this morning about things I should have done a little different on my '65. I think I think would look good with the quarter panel trim the '63 &'64 had. The dash in the '63&4 is a lot cooler (Kahuna was on to something there). Maybe the next time I tear it apart for a repaint. I'll remember my thoughts.

To each is own, but I much prefer the 65's due to the fact that they don't have the side horseshoe trim. I think it's a much cleaner look. IMO, that trim on the 3's and 4's detracted from the lines on an other wise beautiful car.

OK BB: Personally I like them just about all stock. With the exception of the Villa Riviera I have seen very few high quality custom First-Gen Riv builds that appealed to me (that was in 1963). I prefer ice cold a/c blowin' like a wind tunnel rather than a nice paint job.....although it's easier for me to envision and execute a paint job. I just wish my skill and motovation level could get me to get some of my cars running really sweet. Mitch

I think the '65 rear bumper is better than the earlier units, even if the taillights were still in the body. Also the rocker mouldings look good across all years.

What's the general opinion on the SA1 style open vents in the quarters?

I bought a '65 bumper for my '64 thinking it would be a quick R&R swap. Not so. The rear quarters on a '65 are different where they're indented for the sides of the rear bumper. Anyone in need of a good '65 bumper?

Ed

While mine is not good and I knew about the change in the quarter indent, I also have a complete '65 bumper, brackets, and harness that I'm basically just packing around since I'm unlikely to use it in a realistic time scale.