Question

Guest drnittler

Guest drnittler

I am going to my first meet in September, in Canyon, TX, after years of membership. Anyway I have a 1961 Studebaker Lark. (The car had an article in the last AACA magazine). Anyway, would my catagory be 27d; 60-61 production car?

I am new at AACA meets so your help is appreciated.

(My car would land between a DPI candidate and maybe a third junior, so I deciding where to go with this) I am in the MAP program.

Thanks.

Yes, 27d would be the class should you decide to go for regular class judging.

DPC can be the way to go if the vehicle has items that are incorrect such as radial tires on a vehicle they could not have come from the factory with, add on A/C, modern radio, etc. If the vehicle doesn't have incorrect items but isn't in "new off of the showroom floor" condition then you can go either way, DPC or regular class judging knowing that you might, or might not depending on the point spread, get a third junior award.

My husband serves on the DPC team at most meets now. He has something like 109 credits and got into working on the DPC team a few years ago. He still does class judging from time to time too.

If you want to post some photos. Those of us on here love to look at photos of vehicles. :D

Guest drnittler

Sure I would love to post photos (How do you do post photos?) and would welcome opinions and advise. The car has been kept original, ie tire type, no modern add ons, etc. The door panel sand seats are wrong because I could not get the correct original materials. Everything elso is correct and neat. Thanks.

Sure I would love to post photos (How do you do post photos?) and would welcome opinions and advise. The car has been kept original, ie tire type, no modern add ons, etc. The door panel sand seats are wrong because I could not get the correct original materials. Everything elso is correct and neat. Thanks.

This link should take you to the FAQ that has intructions on how to post photos and create photo albums.

AACA Forums FAQ

Guest drnittler

I posted a photo, I think. I am deciding on DPC or judging. I am figuring that as a driver I be better off in DPC. Opinions are welcome and the picture is posted someplace. Thanks.

It is the photo of the driver side interior, right? Based on what I saw there you might want to go DPC. It looks like the bench part of the seat is crushed down under the fabric. And the inner door panel has some issues as well. But the choice is honestly up to you. You seem to have a very reasonable view of the car's condition which is refreshing. :)

Edited by Shop Rat (see edit history)

Guest drnittler

I could not get the correct door panels. The job was done and improved upon, but is not original just close. Thanks for the help.