I need help identifying this car!! What kind make/model/year is it?? Possibly 30's Peugeot

Guest allendbaird1

Guest allendbaird1

[h=2]I need help identifying this car!! What kind make/model/year is this bad boy??[/h]

I need help identifying this car!! What kind make/model/year is this bad boy??

This car sits in front of one of my very elderly neighbors house and is completely at the mercy of the weather considering the owner didn't even put a tarp over it! I'm interested in purchasing the car from her based off what I see, but would love to know more about it before I get that far. This car appears to be in relatively nice state, but its falling apart pretty quick. I couldn't find any names on the car on the exterior what I did find was a symbol on the spare tire with a sign resembling **Peugeots** trademark on it. another on the front grill says "Ireland" but this may be a add on? Plz help! Thanks so much,

Baird Allen

145406d1342064884-i-need-help-identifying-make-model-front-car.jpg145407d1342064894-i-need-help-identifying-make-model-car-symbol.jpg145408d1342064909t-i-need-help-identifying-make-model-car-tinstrumentpanels.jpg145409d1342064928t-i-need-help-identifying-make-model-exterior-side-view.jpg145410d1342064941t-i-need-help-identifying-make-model-interior-steering-wheel.jpg145411d1342064961t-i-need-help-identifying-make-model-rearview-shot.jpg

VW Beetle (or maybe Ford Pinto) underneath, fiberglass on top, not particularly valuable nor desirable from a collector's standpoint. I guess they're OK to drive, but as a "replica" they won't be welcome at most old car events. AACA recently started a class for kit cars and replicas of a certain vintage, but I'm not sure a Gazelle would qualify, since most were home-built (and therefore of very questionable quality).

If you're looking for a good starter old car, this isn't it. If you're looking for cheap fun with a unique look and don't care about authenticity, this might be for you if you can get it for free or a few hundred dollars, but after you fix the obvious needs, you'll be upside-down forever. I'd argue that there are many better choices that are legit collector cars with actual value (Model A Ford for example). That's a $1000 car (at best) and will be for the rest of its life.

AACA recently started a class for kit cars and replicas of a certain vintage, but I'm not sure a Gazelle would qualify, since most were home-built (and therefore of very questionable quality).

No, no, no. AACA has a "Second Generation" class, but it is strictly for factory-built cars. No kit cars are eligible.