WHAT FOUR CYLINDER ENGINE IS THIS? CAN ANYONE HELP? SEE CHASSIS PHOTOS, TOO

drhudson

Reminds me of the old courtroom drama, one lawyer had used some unusual tactics to win the case, and the opposing council came up to him and loudly stated "How could you act like that, where's your ethics?" to which the winning lawyer replied "Parked out next to your Hudthon, why?"..........

The radiator looks like an early 20's style, obviously Essex, do you think the engine is different than Essex?

Exhaust manifold looks Chevrolet.

Rear axle may be Model TT Ford truck worm gear.

If you were to post the make and models of starter, generator, distributor someone could probably look them up in an application manual.

Instruments look like 1926 Chevrolet....maybe it's a 1926 Chevrolet engine.

Guest Al Brass

Engine is '28 chev 4 and it looks like there are a few other Chev bits too. The cowl, instrument, pedals and gearbox all appear to be Chevrolet.

Al

Edited by Al Brass (see edit history)

Glad that it got identified, not an Essex doodlebug as you mentioned to me....a point well taken...you can put a radiator on an assemblage of parts, but that doesn't mean that what's back there matches radiator.....

I am not sure. Paid a lot to get it to PA from Wisconsin, thinking it was (as advertised) an Essex, to put in my Hudson Museum.

The radiator itself may not be correct to the shell. Look long and carefully. If I plan to cut it and scrap it, I will let you know. Use my real email, rvb9549@aol.com

PS Will be at HET National. What year rad do you need? Shell too?

Reminds me of the old courtroom drama, one lawyer had used some unusual tactics to win the case, and the opposing council came up to him and loudly stated "How could you act like that, where's your ethics?" to which the winning lawyer replied "Parked out next to your Hudthon, why?".........

When she left me my first wife drove off in a Huff. Or was it a Snit?