What cars used the Chrysler part number 324271 oil filter?

Per the title: What cars used the Chrysler part number 324271 oil filter?

This was used on, at least, the 1930 through 1934 Plymouths but I'd like to know if any Chrysler, DeSoto or Dodge also used them and if so what year and model number.

Thanks!

Guest martylum

Hi-it would appear that various 6 cylinder models in the 1930-33 period used this filter as listed in the 34 Chrysler parts book-models CJ, CI, CO, and CM are listed. None of the 8 cylinder models list this filter part # although I'm sure they used a similar firewall mounted filter assembly about 8" tall. Purolater was one of the major manufacturers making this kind of disposable filter.

Martin Lum

1933 Chrysler Model CQ

Hi-it would appear that various 6 cylinder models in the 1930-33 period used this filter as listed in the 34 Chrysler parts book-models CJ, CI, CO, and CM are listed. None of the 8 cylinder models list this filter part # although I'm sure they used a similar firewall mounted filter assembly about 8" tall. Purolater was one of the major manufacturers making this kind of disposable filter.

Martin Lum

1933 Chrysler Model CQ

Thanks! I believe that the factory used Purolator. From the engine compartment factory photos I've seen, the shape of the filter canister is slightly different than the later PER 1/2, Fram PB1/2P, WIX 51035, etc. filters that replaced them over the years. I'm hoping to figure out the exact shape and size the original filters were and figured knowing what other cars they were used on could help on finding information.