POST YOUR PICTURES OR LOOK AT MINE

Mssr. Bwatoe

Guest Jim Zephyr

Yes it is Cecil, my son is headed to UNC for a college visit this week - where is this located in Raleigh?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I would be interested in the ac on the v-12 I saw one on a 41 at Dearborn meet in 1959 so I know it can be done. I'm going to drive my 42 so ac would be a great advantage here in Florida. Lee

Lee

This is how it appears on our 1940. With just a little bit more creativity, a little shaving of the standard "ears" off the compressor, and painting it black, it would look almost normal. There is a 6-volt battery in the engine compartment, and another 6-volt battery in the trunk, run in series. All original electrics run off of the front battery only.

post-33613-143142618045_thumb.jpg

post-33613-14314261805_thumb.jpg

post-33613-143142618059_thumb.jpg

I found the car on a farm rusted out and no motor. Bought the car, found picks of a real convertible sedan, cut, slice and dice to get same look as original. Made a folding top. Made a double wall frame with crossmember. Added a V8 and some paint, then went for a drive to a show in Detroit where someone really liked it. I agreed to let him take care of it for me if he paid me. Some might say it's sold, but after all that work I still like to think it's mine. I still have my 38 and 39 coupes.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Derek's 41

Just finished a complete brake job, installed new muffler, and repaired the electrical problem at the distributor I've been struggling with for a while. Thanks to all of your posts, otherwise it would have sat much longer. Now I need to stop oil leak and oil consumption.

post-97857-143142684798_thumb.jpg

post-97857-14314268481_thumb.jpg

post-97857-14314268482_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Fall is here and nice top down weather for half of the trip, wife was cold,..some fall colors

in the little village of Dixburo (Ann Arbor).

-- I advanced my timing 2 notches or so, helped my mileage, seemed to cruise effortlessly at hiway speed..zooomed with the

other wolverines on US 23..Had no trouble restarting..

Jim Zeffer is in the garage fixin Edsel's town car...all is well..

Edited by Mssr. Bwatoe (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Mr. Kapp, I notice several things about your '39 Zephyr if you don't mind. I noticed the speedo transmission on the fire wall so I assume it has a Columbia at the rear. Then I noticed that your vacuum port behind the carb has a rubber hose that is suppose to go the the vacuum control mounted on the steering box. It looks disconnected. Can you help me with that? One other question please, I decided to have Jim Durall repair my Columbia vacuum control but don't have the cable that goes to the dash. Nor do I know where the knob that operates it goes on the dash. Can you help with that also? Thanks.

Guest Fordman
Here are some early photos of my long gone 1939 Zephyr Convertible.

These were posted on the now defunct "Webshots" site.

Beautiful...

These photos were evidently taken during a "work in progress" condition.

Notice that the throttle cable also is not connected.

The overdrive control cable splits into 2 cables. One goes to the axle control and the other goes to the speedometer compensator.

Nearly all the Columbia parts you will need are available at Columbia Two Speed Parts, Inc. <cite>http://www.columbiatwospeedparts.com/</cite>

The overdrive control knob is under the dashboard just below the starter button.

Edited by Phil Knapp (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Highest of the Heights - That's Our Lincolns!! The highest height in Cleveland,OH (Cuyahoga County) is Broadview Heights!!

Not driving much lately though. With the back axle off for new rear rubber body/spring isolators, and painting the bottom first time in 75 years, the Zeph is off the road for now. Gotta paint the bottom before putting the axle back in, (& new 220 line to garage for a bigger compressor, &...) But maybe it is not the soy bean plastic in the steering wheel that stinks - check out those holes in the cross member?!?!? Surprise-Surprise!

post-45349-143142923354_thumb.jpg

post-45349-143142923343_thumb.jpg

post-45349-143142923349_thumb.jpg

post-45349-143142923352_thumb.jpg

This Zephyr belongs to LZOC Member Kenny Rogers in Alabama.It has V-12 , Columbia Two Speed, Radio and Hot Air heater.He drives and enjoys his Zephyr and so far he has logged over 30k miles since a total frame off restoration. Like he says, "If all you want to do is look at them ,its a lot cheaper to buy a picture of one".

post-31739-143142933498_thumb.jpg

post-31739-143142933505_thumb.jpg

post-31739-143142933508_thumb.jpg

post-31739-143142933514_thumb.jpg

post-31739-14314293352_thumb.jpg

post-31739-143142933525_thumb.jpg

Edited by flatcat (see edit history)