POST YOUR PICTURES OR LOOK AT MINE

Mssr. Bwatoe

On my Columbia I used a 6 port Pollak fuel switching valve and a reversing switch on the dash. When in third gear I push in the clutch and flick the switch on the dash up, then let out the clutch. You are now in OD. To get out of OD, I wait until the car has slowed down to about 25 or 30 mph, then push in the clutch and flick the switch to the bottom which reverses the polarity to the Pollak valve and let out the clutch. You are now in normal drive. The Pollak is normally used to switch fuel tanks on pickups, but it now is used to switch vacuum to the canister on the Columbia. Google 6 port pollak valve and you will see that some come with the switch and wiring plug. Works on 6 or 12 volts. Works great for me, just like shifting into fourth.

Guest 65Starfire

Sounds like a simple solution. So you plumb vacuum to both sides and one set goes to each side of the actuator? Two of the ports would be capped,correct?

Vacuum goes to the single 3/8 port and the canister lines go to the other two 3/8 ports. BUT, the two 5/16 ports are used to let air back into the 3/8 lines that don't have vacuum. When you activate the OD, one of the 3/8 lines to the canister will have vacuum, the other will not. To let air back into the line that doesn't have vacuum, the 5/16 lines are T'ed into the two 3/8 lines. If you need a piping diagram, let me know.

• 1 month later...

TURNS OUT THIS WAS KERMITS CAR AND BRUNNER BOUGHT IT!

wow http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lincoln-Other-Limousine-1942-lincoln-custom-limousine-v-12-1-of-66-ever-built-trades-/121196280550?forcerrptr=true&hash=item1c37dc7ae6&item=121196280550&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

like Chad Coombs's or Kermit Wilson or Harold Zulick ......look at pic, has 42 only vacuum tank under wheel well for vacuum windows

Edited by Mssr. Bwatoe (see edit history)

• 3 months later...
Vacuum goes to the single 3/8 port and the canister lines go to the other two 3/8 ports. BUT, the two 5/16 ports are used to let air back into the 3/8 lines that don't have vacuum. When you activate the OD, one of the 3/8 lines to the canister will have vacuum, the other will not. To let air back into the line that doesn't have vacuum, the 5/16 lines are T'ed into the two 3/8 lines. If you need a piping diagram, let me know.

Love to see the piping diagram. I've got a lot to learn if I'm ever going to put in a Columbia. -Dave

Very nice, car it is beautiful. is the engine pic from this car?? A neat trick is too obtain the original air cleaner, breather...and little curvy

draw tube..it will suck fumes out of the valve chamber with more positive draw..reduces the smell..many guys like, wives not so much. Did you clean up car or take it apart??

Guest wishbone

Thanks. The engine is of the same car. I cleaned up the heads, intake, and engine compartment. The engine compartment was already pretty clean as the former owner replaced the wiring (along with the upholstery and headliner). Looks clean and organized. I gave the engine compartment a shade tree paint job...masked off the wiring and such, then used cast iron engine paint for the cowl and inner fender areas. As well, I gave the engine a valve job and replaced associated gaskets. Rebuilt the carb and now I'm sorting out ignition problems. It's a beautiful car. Very graceful in it's stock form. I can't wait to hear the engine run. I've never heard one of these before. Wish me luck.

thanks, Erik

Guest wishbone

I did the valves. It was easier than the Packard Six I just did. I had to drive out the old guides in the Packard with a 4 lbs hammer...then drive and ream the new ones in. I was surprised by the amount of force used to do the job. Conversely the Lincoln was pretty straight forward and everything was smooth. The ignition is my sore spot (and weak spot). I'll keep pecking away.

-E

• 2 weeks later...