Sign in to follow this  
Laird

53 Skylark History

Friends

I figured out how to start a new thread. Still looking for the date of manufacture, dealer who ordered the car, build sheet, window sticker, as well as info on original owner Perry J. Crouse.

I believe I have figured out why the VIN 1682I757 has an I in it rather than a 1. I suspect the 1 denotes Flint, and was prestamped, and when the rest of the number was added, the 1 was missing, so they used an I. Sounds good anyway.

Any additional assistance you can provide is much appreciated. I have contacted everyone but the original owner, and they are sending me documents that will also help.

Laird

They did not come with a "Build Sheet", that was on the invoice given to the first owner which would also have the selling dealer info. Also there were no "Window Stickers" in 53. Someone should be able to find you an estimated build date based off of the Vin#.

Hopefully you get the original invoice with the documents, that will tell all.

There is some info here - ***Buick for 1953*** - I am not sure when GM started puting date codes on their cars. Certainly in the 1960s they were dated for the week of production. Yours looks to be fairly early in the run from the serial number. Possibly more info on the id plate under the hood.

NZ

Thanks for the info. My Body No. is G284, so unsure what the G stands for. Tried to register with Team Buick, but having trouble with the Random Question SPAM thing.

Laird