1936 Dodge Touring Sedan with dual sidemounts

Steve9

Thanks to my gen x daughter for helping me to load these photos. I found this car June 09, painted it apr 10, and through all the blood, sweat and tears it's finally on the road. A hearty thanks to all the posters on the Dodge forum for your knowledge and input. The interior still has to be addressed, but it's useable and it's summer doggone it and I'm gonna cruise!:cool:

post-63969-143139081263_thumb.jpg

post-63969-143139081228_thumb.jpg

post-63969-143139081238_thumb.jpg

post-63969-143139081244_thumb.jpg

post-63969-143139081249_thumb.jpg

post-63969-143139081257_thumb.jpg

Edited by Steve9 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Nicely done, Steve9! A beauty! What is that color? Is that the Hunter Green? Or maybe Palm Green? Nicely done dash! Always good to have what you look at all the time nice, clean and sharp! Bravo!

Thanks D2, This is Palm Green Poly. I'm grateful for the photographic talents of Larry, our club shutter bug.

Superb car, Steve. You sure know how to do a "proper" restoration. I really like the color.

If you care to post more about the rebuild with under hood photos and more of the interior I am sure it would give encouragement to many other restorers on here.

You must be so proud of it.

Ray.

• 4 weeks later...
I MUST comment on this car; I see you reside in Washington state. THIS car ''could'' be one that I owned in Portland during the 1970's. My car was this color &

even had the same heater switch. I bo't it from the second owner in Lafayette, CA.

Let's talk !

All I can say about this message is WOW! During reassembly, a tag was found wired to the springs of the rear seat back that says, " San Francisco Show". I'm sending a request this week to the Chrysler Archives to get their data. I'll keep you posted!:D

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Bill Wilkerson viewpost-right.png

I MUST comment on this car; I see you reside in Washington state. THIS car ''could'' be one that I owned in Portland during the 1970's. My car was this color &

even had the same heater switch. I bo't it from the second owner in Lafayette, CA.

Let's talk !

All I can say about this message is WOW! During reassembly, a tag was found wired to the springs of the rear seat back that says, " San Francisco Show". I'm sending a request this week to the Chrysler Archives to get their data. I'll keep you posted!:D

Now THIS is some neat stuff! Keep it up guys!

Steve & I have determined that his car is indeed the one I owned back in the '70's. I had bo't it from the second owner in California back in Dec. '72 & drove it 600 miles to Oregon where I lived.

I was browsing images online one day for 'sidemounts' and saw one of Steve's pictures which ultimately led me to AACA. I wanted to respond so... I joined as a Jr. member; Steve & I have been communicating all week now. Pretty COOL !

Wouldn't that be neat to have this happen with your old '36?

Yes. I have searched in vain for the car in and around the Detroit area. It was a gorgeous car in great condition when I was driving it. When I last saw it, it had been terribly vandalized. I cried when I last saw it.

• 3 months later...