Sign in to follow this  
rowdyful7

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THIS CAR IS

my grand father has bought this car and we cannot pin point what car it is can anyone tell me what it is post-86514-143139079637_thumb.jpg

post-86514-143139079614_thumb.jpg

The styling is much later than 1922. I think it is a Dodge Victory Six from 1928 or 1929.

Look on YouTube at the 1929 vid

I did know it looked like a dodge ie db befor what the 1930's do not know the years . I had looked at getting two db's 1925 and 1926 20 years age where does time go LOL

1928 Dodge Brothers Victory Six. Not a Model 52 Chrysler.......look at the photo I posted. Here is another so as to see the reveal shape under the windows...also carried over to 1929.

post-37352-143139082752_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

The belt line on the body looks right on compared to the Victory but the rear quarter window appears smaller than the green Victory photo. Terry

The belt line on the body looks right on compared to the Victory but the rear quarter window appears smaller than the green Victory photo. Terry

One has a longer wheelbase. The reveal shape gives it away. No other car has that design, I believe.

According to The Standard Catalog the 1929 Victory Six (introduced June 1928) had the same mechanical specification as the 1928 (introduced January 1928) model (same 112" wb) but had a lower lower body with wider doors and smaller rear quarter windows on the sedan so I think our mystery car is a '29 (whereas the green car in keiser's picture is a '28).

Edited by nzcarnerd (see edit history)

I always wondered how to tell the difference. Terry