Sign in to follow this  
38Buick 80C

BCA 2012-2013 Officers

I can't help but to throw something in here Terry.

Paul Meyer has been President in the past and is now not a board member as of Charlotte meeting, he just had an article on the President's page for July. Read it.

Rick was not President in 2008.

I don't much care about teens and twenties Buicks, I am respectful that some members enjoy and preserve them, somebody needs to. That is my opinion that I usually keep to myself.

Maybe this is all just as simple as Rick letting other board members he was interested in being President before the meeting, and Brian not doing the same. Not all unpopular events are conspiracies.

Guest BJM
I just got the July issue of the Bugle a few days ago and I will swear to the good Lord that I read where Paul Meyer was going to be our BCA President for the next year. I remember my Dad telling me on many an occasion that we have the finest politicians that money can buy. It sounds like the political crap has invaded the BCA. What a shame - I just want Pete to keep writing great stories about teens and twenties Buicks. Opinions are like #$@holes - everybody has one and I would like to state mine on here. Why in God's name would ANYBODY want this Rick Young character back in a position of power and influence? Doesn't anyone remember the BCA meet of 2008? There was a chance to collaborate with the Vintage Chevrolet Club and have a spectacular 100th Anniversary of General Motors Celebration. It was told to me that this guy single-handedly put the skid on that idea. What a mental giant!

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

1916 Model D-45

1920 Model K-46

1922 Model 22-6-48

Terry

With all due respect, the tone of your post needs edited. Paul Meyer was pinch hitting for the President. It's right at the top of the President's message. No issues, anyone can miss it.

Using symbols to express such a vulgar term as a****** should not be used. In your last sentence you mention that "someone told you". That is opinion and your expression of Rick Young's mental capacity needs to be removed.

We are trying to keep a civil tone here. I hope you understand.

AMEN to BJM's above comments.

In my opinion naming someone with negative comments doesn't have a place on the forum. If you don't like someone that much, then do what so many mother's told there children to do, "IF YOU CAN'T SAY SOMETHING NICE, THEN DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL".

Dale in Indy

Who is in charge, as the end is near!

How many strikes do we get 'berta? and what's the count?

How many strikes do we get 'berta? and what's the count?

Three and two. Count's full. - Coach Mike

If you don't like someone that much, then do what so many mother's told there children to do, "IF YOU CAN'T SAY SOMETHING NICE, THEN DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL".

Dale in Indy

Where I remember that quote from was "BAMBI", said by Thumper. A beautiful Disney movie! Mother took me "downtown" to the picture show to see it "first run".

Just some recollections . . .

NTX5467

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction re: spouse's vote.

In my post #50 above, I mentioned that Rick Young's first term as BCA President started in 2008. I got that info from page #246 of the current BCA 2011 MEMBERSHIP ROSTER, under BCA Presidents. See pic #1 below. That is incorrect. Rick's first term started in 2009. I have edited my post #50 above to correct this mistake.

Also, Bill Darrow's term listed as 2007-2008 should be corrected to 2007-2009.

While you're at it, it would be convenient to have a list of all the Buick Nationals years and location included in the Roster. Also, who is responsible to update the Judging Handbook?

Thanks.

Al Mack

BCA #8965

"500 Miles West of Flint"

Picture this: on Wednesday morning, November 7, 2012, you read the morning newspaper and the headlines read "XXXXX WINS BY A LANDSLIDE, BUT WE CAN'T TELL YOU THE NUMBERS OR WHAT STATES GAVE HIM THE ELECTORAL VOTE COUNT NEEDED"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]145176[/ATTACH]

Here's a web page I started a few years ago, I don't remember who suggested it, but thanks to them and some others we have captured some pictures from previous BCA National meets, check it out, I think you'll like it. Always looking for more pictures, too!

Buick Club National Meets