BCA 2012-2013 Officers

38Buick 80C

Well I've been keeping quiet and reading the posts, but I have to get my feelings out. I'll be more open in saying yes I am upset in not being re-elected, I'm pretty bummed about it actually. In the past, yes, there have been numerous back room deals made for who will be what officer and who WON'T. I was approached one week after I was elected three years ago about one. This year I did not speak to a single BOD member about my desire to run again for President. Personally I was tired of the back room deals and people on and off the BOD trying to influence who will become what. I wanted to run on the merits of my accomplishments alone combined with the results of the election and the feedback the BOD received from the Chapter, Region and Division directors just before the BOD meeting. Here is a list of those accomplishments:

Improved relations with Buick-GMC from virtually nonexistent to partnering on several occasions

Buick-GMC’s VP of Sales and Service joined the BCA

Buick-GMC supplied B Magazines (Buick Owners magazine) to all BCA members

Buick-GMC added Buick Club of America to their “Likes” section on Buick’s facebook page

Went from having two years of non-competitive elections for Board of Directors due to lack of interest to recruiting 7 candidates to compete for 3 spots in this year’s election for BCA BOD.

Updated and corrected the BCA chapter, region and directors list and implemented an email distribution list to quickly communication with the directors on important issues.

Increased renewal rate from 79% to 89% on average for the fiscal year (11 month total as June date is not yet available).

Had a 6% increase in new membership over the previous year’s new member total.

Created, via chapter director surveys, a list of chapter membership attraction best practices and distributed the compiled ideas back to the chapter region and division directors for their use.

Got the BCA free media coverage on Hot Rod Magazine Radio Live, Autotrends Magazine and other media locations. As well as ensuring the BCA

and Buicks were the featured at 2012 Spring Charlotte Autofair, an event attended by over 100,000 people.

Advanced several cooperation initiatives with the GSCA, the BPG, the AACA and the CCCA. Talked frequently with Presidents and Exec Directors of the previously mentioned clubs as well as VCCA and OCA.

Through my ideas I helped the Buick Heritage Alliance raise $2500 at the 2012 BCA National meet and gave them the opportunity to do a silent auction at the meet to raise another $3K

Won the 2010 Gerstkemper Award for attracting the most new members and gave the $500 I won back to the BCA in the form of buying 10 memberships which were given to chapters and division to give away free.

I also made it my mission to try and respond to every individual sent a letter or email or phoned, because I am a firm believer in the golden rule and treating people the way I want to be treated. Also there were several people who had really really bad experience with the BCA in the past and recieved NO response from anyone at the time. Once I became aware of their situation and because of how I treated them and reacted to their displeasure with the BCA they rejoined the BCA, even though I never suggested they do so.

I note these not because I am looking for praise or ego stroking, but because the membership needs to know that apparently a majority of the BOD members feel that Rick can do better than that. As Willie noted you'll have to talk to each BOD member and ask them why they they voted the way they did. Like Rick I could care less about if people like me or not, I am secure in knowing I have numerous Buick friends who are friends for life. What I do care about is what is in the best interests of the Buick Club of America and its membership. I ran for BOD and ran for President to help guide the BCA in a manner I thought best for the long term viability of this club and will continue to do so.

If this situation is what spurs the membership to get involved, than that is awesome and will be good for the club long term, so perhaps this is a blessing for the BCA.

As Rick notes I'll be around for a "long time"... at 32, yes I sure hope I will be due to a healthly long life, but I have already have been around for long time. I actually have known people in this club for nearly 30 years, going to my first BCA National in 1983 and 25 overall. Per the By-laws for serving as President I am now a life member of the BCA, so I'm certainly not going anywhere.

So now that I have cleared the air on my side, I will most likely not be responding publically because we need to move on. All are welcome to PM, email or call if they want to discuss further, but I don't know that there is much else to say on the matter.

The fact that you personally took an interest and the time to routinely contact Lamar and myself about the 54 numbers for Charlotte while also actively interacting on the Enclave and many other Buick forums said it all for me...the rest when you add it up equals a hell of a job.

Class act!

The fact that you personally took an interest and the time to routinely contact Lamar and myself about the 54 numbers for Charlotte while also actively interacting on the Enclave and many other Buick forums said it all for me...the rest when you add it up equals a hell of a job.

Class act!

I agree, very much a class act.

Ben

I am old enough to know and accept that not everyone in this world is love with Rick Young.

Rick, I think I will speak for many when I say it is not a matter of your winning the BOD vote, but rather that Brian did not. (If that makes any kind of sense) When I first heard the news that Brian was not reelected I was dumbfounded. But when I heard Rick Young had won, my first thought was, "Well thank God, we'll be OK". What I'm trying to get across is please don't take all the above comments personally and as a negative reflection as to how individuals feel about you. I and apparently lots of other folks felt that Brian had done a magnificent job this last year, were assuming and looking forward to that continuing next year, and were surprised when the Board decided otherwise. If I have a bone to pick with anybody it is with the BOD, not you. You did an outstanding job when you were president, stepping to the plate when no one else did, to make the 2010 Nationals a reality.You brought fun and excitement onto the playing field. Hopefully new ideas as to how things might be changed for the better will be presented and you will lend an ear. I personally hope to see more of the membership coming here to the forum and it being a better conduit for communication over the next few years.

Again, please know that while maybe "not everyone in this world is in love with Rick Young" you still have lots of good friends here and I consider myself one of them.

Buick on my friend, Buick on......

I agree, very much a class act.

A "doer" if there ever was one. The Italian Stallion of the BCA. Brian, thanks for the post of your accomplishments, so much was done behind the scenes, I don't think many knew. And since you never toot your own horn how were we to know. This will be my last comment regarding the subject. Thanks for your hard work and dedication Brian, you will be missed.

I have read , and reread this and all I have to say is " anyone that questions why I am leaving the BCA ,read this forum "" Brian was trying to bring the BCA back to what it was , and I am glad I am old as I can't see too well ,and the club is going down the tubes. The emphasis is all on judging, and they judge Buicks to a quality that NEVER came from the factory. Buicks NEVER came off the assembly line with perfect paint and and door fits, but the judges think so. I DROVE a Buick to every BCA National meet from 1971 until 2009 ,and watched the BCA change from a group of people that enjoyed Buicks , to a club that bowed down to the wealthy members that "BOUGHT" their trailer Queens ,and wanted recognition.

Good Luck , and GOOD BYE

It is just a thought , but did anyone ever think of the early meets, when the different chapters put them on ??I remember in 1971 whan there wasn't even a "Buicktown " chapter and the Buick owners from the AACA helped do the first "National' Everyone DROVE in from alll over the country and just had a GREAT time . There was no problem finding people that would put on the next meet ,and the Buicks that showed up were enjoyed by all.

It seems that now ,a lot of the cars to be judged do not even come out of their trailers until Saturday. Now the BOD has taken over and I really do wish them luck, but you are fighting a stacked deck , as the members that did the work are not the members that own the "Trailer Queens"

I hope this doe not kill this , but members need to go back to basics, and just enjoy their Buicks as CARS . I drive my 40 convertible eveyday that the sun shines, as it is just a great way to get around town. I have put over 112,000 miles on it and have enjoyed every one.

Edited by The Old Guy (see edit history)

Just finished reading all posts and wow was that ever interesting and a bit surprising to say the least. I know I'm not actively involved in BCA but do try to stay up on happenings through the Bugle and this Forum so my response is based soley on that. I have no inside connections or sources to BCA.

Since Brian became President, I was continuously impressed by his communication skills and and professionalism reaching out to many in efforts to restore some positive enthusiasm to BCA. I don't ever recall seeing so much interaction with the community directly from the president. Excellent communication is a key factor in any organization and I think Brian gets an A+ for that as well as his understanding of good business practices. My view from the fence is that Brian was doing an outstanding job and I thank him for that.

I have no problem with changing of officers as long as its for the right reason and egos and politics are put aside and I want to believe thats the case, however after reading this there does seem to be some uncertainty.

I think a detailed and truthful explanation should be presented in the next Bugle on why the change. BCA members deserve to know and so few on are this forum.

I too was disappointed by the recent election but I hope that Brian keeps his dedication to the BCA strong. For those of you who did not make the 2012 National it was a great meet except for the heat. I knew well before this National that Brian had accomplished a lot but was not aware of all that he had done and was glad that he listed them on this thread. I also knew that his communication skills were great because of a very quick response to a few emails to him. My personal opinion is that the older we get the more we dislike change but change is what is needed to keep an organization such as ours strong and alive. I believe that as we go forward you will see more modified cars because the only way you will attract the younger generation, that is mostly building the "Tuner" cars, is to allow more of the modified cars and no I am not talking about something like a Ford with a Cadillac engine like one who wanted to attend a recent BOPC show here in Atlanta.

I appreciated Joe's (The Old Guy) comments about how these classics looked when they came off the assembly line. I had ordered a 1967 442 Olds and the factory pin stripping looked like it had been painted on by a 5 year old. And, the lump under the carpet turned out to be a paper "Zero Defects" coffee cup.

The bottom line is that we all need to be involved with the direction of this club. I wish Rick Young the best in the year to come but if you are not happy with the election then let the BOD know.

I too was disappointed by the recent election but I hope that Brian keeps his dedication to the BCA strong. For those of you who did not make the 2012 National it was a great meet except for the heat. I knew well before this National that Brian had accomplished a lot but was not aware of all that he had done and was glad that he listed them on this thread.....

X 2.

Everybody's got short memories. It would be interesting to see a bucket list . . . . . similar to Brian's post #41 above . . . . . from Rick Young to refresh everybody's memory on his accomplishments during his first term as President starting in 2009.

Al Mack

BCA #8965

"500 Miles West of Flint"

"Don't tell me what you're going to do, show me what you've done" (Author not known.)

Edited by 1953mack
corrected 2008 to 2009. BCA Roster is incorrect. (see edit history)

X 2.

Everybody's got short memories. It would be interesting to see a bucket list . . . . . similar to Brian's post #41 above . . . . . from Rick Young to refresh everybody's memory on his accomplishments during his first term as President in 2008.

Al Mack

BCA #8965

"Don't tell me what you're going to do, show me what you've done" (Author not known.)

Al, apples to oranges comparison in all honesty. I 1st got on Rick's enemy list because I questioned why the dues went to $50 when I allowed my membership to lapse before the 2010 Ames National meet. I have been considered an instigator ever since but in all honesty the explanation - mostly from Bill Stoneberg - made sense. It made me appreciate what Rick and Bill did in association with other on the BOD - to get excellent National meets in Colorado and Ames, then this lead to the BCA taking over the National meets, which appears to be a good direction.

Now, what Brian was doing was totally different and so for Rick to note his accomplishments v Brian's is apples to oranges. Different times, different issues, in my humble opinion.

As Willie noted you'll have to talk to each BOD member and ask them why they they voted the way they did.

I did. I sent emails to Kris Syrdal, Kevin, Brian C, Mark Lob, Jerry Courson, and Dick Sweeney specifically asking them who they voted for and why. I received one response. I did not email Keith Horsfall, Bill S (who commented on the forum) and Rick Young.

Kris Syrdal is from Minnesota, Kevin (MN) Mark (IA) Jerry (Texas) and Dick (CA) Rick (IA) Bill (TX) Keith (ON) and the person who certified the vote was Alan Oldfield chief judge (Iowa)

As I have said before but nobody seems to understand is that I am not on the board any longer so I did not have a part in this. Either as a voting member or behind the scenes as is being implied or said by some.

Bill

Thanks for clarifying but then how are you still our BCA Treasurer if you are no longer on the BOD. It was my understanding that the Treasurer was a BOD member, as with the President, VP and Secretary. If you are no longer on the BOD then you should not be listed as the Treasurer. Can someone tell the membership what happened at the BOD meeting to allow Bill to remain as Treasurer of the BCA?

I am fine with him being Treasurer if the BOD changed the rules and by-laws to accomodate his experience but I think this is a 1st, correct?

BYLAWS OF THE BCA

Article V - Officers

Section 2. Method of Election - The Board of Directors shall elect said Officers for terms of one year and until the election of their respective successors.

It does not specify that Officers must be on the BOD. Section 3 deals with APPOINTED OFFICERS. The President can appoint additional VP's, an Assistant Treasurer and an Assistant Secretary.

So it appears there is language in the By-Laws allowing any member to be appointed Treasurer through vague language. This must have been discovered and clarified by the Books after the February 2012 BOD meeting where interested parties in the matter were not sure if Bill S could have been Treasurer after his term was up.

Unless someone else is interpretting this differently, I would say Bill Stoneberg can be appointed Treasurer to a one year term indefinitely.

Edited by BJM (see edit history)

I am curious to know the minutes from the meeting and whether the meetings will reflect an honest accounting I don't know.

However, IF the Bill Stoneberg appointment to Treasurer was NOT on the pre-BOD meeting agenda then it would need to be added and pushed through. I don't know if Brian D was in favor of this move (Bill Stoneberg as Treasurer beyond his BOD tenure) before the BOD meeting. If it appeared he was not, maybe this was a motive in removing him as President in favor of Rick Young.

I have read , and reread this and all I have to say is " anyone that questions why I am leaving the BCA, read this forum " . . . . . Good Luck , and GOOD BYE . . . . .

I respect your comments (again). I think a couple of fair questions to ask you would be in order . . . . .

#1. What exactly would bring you back to the BCA or attending a future Nationals?

#2. Have you had any conversations with any BOD member or officer in regards to your reasoning?

#3. Would a separate judging Class for body-off-the-frame, over-restored, trailer queens, and dream cars . . . . . separate from the off-the-assembly-line condition 400 point Class . . . . . be the answer?

#4. How about other issues?

An update would be appreciated. Thanks.

Al Mack

BCA #8965

I believe the discussion is relevant and requires an accounting.......1st vote resulted in a tie,wherein this lead to an extended period of secret ballots which lead to a return to a President that expressed no prior interest in the position, as he had served in that capacity.......

This overall thread is getting difficult :confused: to follow at times, but let me add a couple of items to the confusion that I haven't seen previously mentioned or addressed. Comments are always appreciated.

#1. There are 9 BOD members. If the first vote ended in a tie, was it a two way tie at 4-4-1 or a three way tie at 3-3-3? Are the vote numbers available to the General BCA membership? I'm not looking for names or who voted for whom (at this time).

#2. Are the vote numbers for the "second go-around" available to the General BCA membership?

#3. Re: the ballots sent out to select the new BOD members. I remember seeing a "spouse's vote column" and would like to know if that ability to submit TWO votes on one ballot is a premium cost to the other spouse's annual general membership fee, or, just because the

spouse is named on the mailing label, is that considered a "free" vote? I thought one membership fee = 1 vote. Please explain. The July 2012 BUICK BUGLE, on the inside front of the mailing wrap, does not address this 2-4-1 issue.

Anybody out there want to chime in? Thanks.

Al Mack

BCA #8965

This overall thread is getting difficult :confused: to follow at times, but let me add a couple of items to the confusion that I haven't seen previously mentioned or addressed. Comments are always appreciated.

#1. There are 9 BOD members. If the first vote ended in a tie, was it a two way tie at 4-4-1 or a three way tie at 3-3-3? Are the vote numbers available to the General BCA membership? I'm not looking for names or who voted for whom (at this time).

#2. Are the vote numbers for the "second go-around" available to the General BCA membership?

#3. Re: the ballots sent out to select the new BOD members. I remember seeing a "spouse's vote column" and would like to know if that ability to submit TWO votes on one ballot is a premium cost to the other spouse's annual general membership fee, or, just because the

spouse is named on the mailing label, is that considered a "free" vote? I thought one membership fee = 1 vote. Please explain. The July 2012 BUICK BUGLE, on the inside front of the mailing wrap, does not address this 2-4-1 issue.

Anybody out there want to chime in? Thanks.

Al Mack

BCA #8965

Great questions....maybe I will engage my leaders directly and ask them.

or

It would sure be nice to get some open feedback, ANY feed back from our ELECTED BOD.......crickets.

Al,

I think I can answer the ballot question for spouse. Yes it is a free vote, as there is no extra membership fee for member and spouse. If a spouse does not want to have the name included, or the member does wish to have the spouse recognized that is their choice, and then they have one vote.

There are many spouses that do much for the club - Officiers in local chapters, judging, judging administration abd many othe ractivities. And I might add, many of them are very hard working and well deserving the right to vote. All a member needs is to indicate both name, and yes, the two of you get one vote each.

I am not sure what you mean by "premium cost", or free votes.

John

I don't recall there being a tie vote for President, so I don't know where that idea came from. 2 candidates, 9 votes. I don't know what the vote tally was as it wasn't announced.

John got the spouse vote correct, they just need to be named on the address label to get a vote.

Most of these questions are answered on Page 240 of the 2011 membership roster with contains the SOP and Bylaws of the BCA.

Thanks Roberta...I was leaning more to questions #1 and #2 which would require comment from those involved in the voting. I have read the Charter and will keep it handy for future questions.

I seem to recall some comments from The Old-Guy regarding his choices and decision. There are also a few signals I've seen in other areas, too, which might be "side issues". I appreciate his prior input on various subjects and respect his desires and wishes.

It's great that this discussion in progressing in a civil manner, but it should not devolve into or be considered "drama" or "bickering". It does appear that many might need to curl up in their favorite chair, under a strong light, with the page magnifier (due to font size), and familiarize themselves with the BCA By-Laws and other information in the latest issue of The BCA Roster. It's certainly a LOT MORE than just a listing of BCA members!

Respectfully,

NTX5467

I seem to recall some comments from The Old-Guy regarding his choices and decision. There are also a few signals I've seen in other areas, too, which might be "side issues". I appreciate his prior input on various subjects and respect his desires and wishes.

It's great that this discussion in progressing in a civil manner, but it should not devolve into or be considered "drama" or "bickering". It does appear that many might need to curl up in their favorite chair, under a strong light, with the page magnifier (due to font size), and familiarize themselves with the BCA By-Laws and other information in the latest issue of The BCA Roster. It's certainly a LOT MORE than just a listing of BCA members!

Respectfully,

NTX5467

Good thought, since the By-laws and SOP need desperate updating, this would be fantastic way to get some feedback!! I offered to review and update the website/internet SOP!!

Good thought, since the By-laws and SOP need desperate updating, this would be fantastic way to get some feedback!! I offered to review and update the website/internet SOP!!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction re: spouse's vote.

In my post #50 above, I mentioned that Rick Young's first term as BCA President started in 2008. I got that info from page #246 of the current BCA 2011 MEMBERSHIP ROSTER, under BCA Presidents. See pic #1 below. That is incorrect. Rick's first term started in 2009. I have edited my post #50 above to correct this mistake.

Also, Bill Darrow's term listed as 2007-2008 should be corrected to 2007-2009.

While you're at it, it would be convenient to have a list of all the Buick Nationals years and location included in the Roster. Also, who is responsible to update the Judging Handbook?

Thanks.

Al Mack

BCA #8965

Picture this: on Wednesday morning, November 7, 2012, you read the morning newspaper and the headlines read "XXXXX WINS BY A LANDSLIDE, BUT WE CAN'T TELL YOU THE NUMBERS OR WHAT STATES GAVE HIM THE ELECTORAL VOTE COUNT NEEDED"

post-41556-143139092351_thumb.jpg

Al'

I will try to answer your questions as succintly as possible.

1 When the National meets stop emphasissing the judging ( or get judging to be " factory correct" )they also need to realize that the driven cars are not "second class citizens " I see that in 2013 they are charging $25 to enter your Buick for display only and as always the " Driven awards "will be given out on the field ( it also cost as much as a 400 point judged car ) It has been my observation that the members that use their Buicks are the core members that do things in our chapter. If the "trophy hunters" do any of our tours, they use another Buick.and not their "work of art

The 2013 National is only 210 miles from home, so I may drive down ( look for a sequoia cream 40 convert ,in the parking lot) ,as I won't pay $60 to park with the BCA Buicks

2 I have not talked to any BOD member , except through this forum. Brian has always given me answers immediately.

3 The problem with a separate class is that there are many problems getting "competent " judges now, and this would compound the problem . I realize that the BOD feels it has a feeling that they MUST support the members that spend inordinate amounts to make what they believe are PERFECT Buicks, but they have sold the vast majority of members

(the ones that actually enjoy their Buicks and do not look on them as "works of art ) down the river !!

Willie

I have become a certified Curmudgeon , and I have no patience anymore. I am going to drive my Buicks to the store, and when the sun is out so will I be.

Stealthbob,

Regarding your desire to have BOD members come on here and comment, in review of the By-Laws, Article V Officers - under President it states in part: The President shall be the Chief Executive Officer of the BCA....and shall discharge the duties of the President. He shall perform such other duties and possess such other powers as usually pertains to the office of the President.

Practically speaking, the President speaks on behalf of the BOD and given that the core of the By-Laws was written in the 1970's, it is outdated and could not have anticipated "The Internet" or email as a communication device.

The BOD is not intended to communicate with the membership. Granted, I have asked them to in this thread and personally via email, but they don't have to. Their role is conduct BCA business as they believe it benefits the club and furthering it's mission. The President is to speak as figurehead of the club and that is why Rick did so.

This was made through discovery on my part, just like some of us are doing, in reading the By-Laws and putting 2 and 2 together.

I don't know if anyone remembers "Jurassic Park" but there is a scene near the end where the "jungle Outdoorsman" they bring in to keep the animals in line is trying to catch a Velocoraptor and he is focused on one he sees in front of him who isn't moving. He feels confident he can kill that dinosaur when he realizes it's a trap. He looks to his side where another Velocoraptor is waiting to eat him. He smiles and says "very clever girl" - right before he is eaten.

Welcome to the jungle.

Edited by BJM (see edit history)

God! Put me on the member list immediately! When I read that byline I wonder if it is copy written.

In my case curmudgeonism came from years of observation with comprehension; two very difficult talents to balance concurrently. The most fun I have is stereotyping a person from 40 feet away and then watching how hard they work to live up to it. Imagine the Curmudgeon section; graying and half bald, laughing with tear streaming down their cheeks all at the expense of typical .......... oops. Better not do that.

Bernie

At either the Board meeting or the General membership meeting, someone jokingly suggested we have a "Trailered Division"

Just a comment on the Board elections and officers. Each year I receive proxies from several companies allowing me to vote for members of their board, but in no case am I voting for them as a officer. The Board members of those companies and the Board members of the BCA are the best people to elect the officers they must work with, not the stockholders or the BCA general membership

I agree with Barney. I would not like to see the President elected by a full membership vote, when we are voting on a BOD with alternating 3 year terms.

John

With all due respect, if BOD officers are elected to be what they are, "by their friends", then what does that make the other "members" of the BOD? Are they "the other group of BOD members", rather than a part of a unified group whom "the membership" (however representative of the total group that those who vote might be) voted to do the business of the BCA?

Unlike the corporate entity which Barney mentioned, in the BCA we can put names and faces together at annual BCA National Meets, personally interact, and come to know whom these people are. Perhaps it's this more personal environment, where the players on the team are fully known, makes the BCA different from a large corporate entity, with respect to BOD officers?

So . . . it appears we have one set of "friends" who desire answers . . . and another set of "friends" who aren't talking AND don't have to. (This can make a better plot than most daytime television serials!)

REMEMBER THE LEMONADE!!!

I make these comments as a free-standing current member of the BCA.

Willis Bell 20811

I just got the July issue of the Bugle a few days ago and I will swear to the good Lord that I read where Paul Meyer was going to be our BCA President for the next year. I remember my Dad telling me on many an occasion that we have the finest politicians that money can buy. It sounds like the political crap has invaded the BCA. What a shame - I just want Pete to keep writing great stories about teens and twenties Buicks. Opinions are like #$@holes - everybody has one and I would like to state mine on here. Why in God's name would ANYBODY want this Rick Young character back in a position of power and influence? Doesn't anyone remember the BCA meet of 2008? There was a chance to collaborate with the Vintage Chevrolet Club and have a spectacular 100th Anniversary of General Motors Celebration. It was told to me that this guy single-handedly put the skid on that idea. What a mental giant!

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

1916 Model D-45

1920 Model K-46

1922 Model 22-6-48

Guest wildcat465

I can't help but to throw something in here Terry.

Paul Meyer has been President in the past and is now not a board member as of Charlotte meeting, he just had an article on the President's page for July. Read it.

Rick was not President in 2008.

I don't much care about teens and twenties Buicks, I am respectful that some members enjoy and preserve them, somebody needs to. That is my opinion that I usually keep to myself.

Maybe this is all just as simple as Rick letting other board members he was interested in being President before the meeting, and Brian not doing the same. Not all unpopular events are conspiracies.

I just got the July issue of the Bugle a few days ago and I will swear to the good Lord that I read where Paul Meyer was going to be our BCA President for the next year. I remember my Dad telling me on many an occasion that we have the finest politicians that money can buy. It sounds like the political crap has invaded the BCA. What a shame - I just want Pete to keep writing great stories about teens and twenties Buicks. Opinions are like #$@holes - everybody has one and I would like to state mine on here. Why in God's name would ANYBODY want this Rick Young character back in a position of power and influence? Doesn't anyone remember the BCA meet of 2008? There was a chance to collaborate with the Vintage Chevrolet Club and have a spectacular 100th Anniversary of General Motors Celebration. It was told to me that this guy single-handedly put the skid on that idea. What a mental giant!

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

1916 Model D-45

1920 Model K-46

1922 Model 22-6-48

Terry

With all due respect, the tone of your post needs edited. Paul Meyer was pinch hitting for the President. It's right at the top of the President's message. No issues, anyone can miss it.

Using symbols to express such a vulgar term as a****** should not be used. In your last sentence you mention that "someone told you". That is opinion and your expression of Rick Young's mental capacity needs to be removed.

We are trying to keep a civil tone here. I hope you understand.

AMEN to BJM's above comments.

In my opinion naming someone with negative comments doesn't have a place on the forum. If you don't like someone that much, then do what so many mother's told there children to do, "IF YOU CAN'T SAY SOMETHING NICE, THEN DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL".

Dale in Indy