94 Buick Roadmaster Wagon - HOW FAST?

<BR>Hello.<P>I've been doing a lot of research, and it is nearly impossible to find performance stats for my car. a 94 Buick Roadmaster Wagon - 5.7LT1 rated @260HP. Any good links?<P>I did find one place with good 1/4 mile and 0-60 stats (www.car-stats.com), but i need more backup since it says that it can go 0-60 in 6.7s and 1/4 in 15s flat!<P>That is really fast for a wagon and faster than most cars unless you pay $$$! I know this boat has POWER. I find it funny that all I have to do is step on the gas a little more and leave those young guys driving what look like fast little Japanese cars in the dust. :-)<P>Thanks <P>James<BR>

<BR>Oh yeah, to get an idea how powerful the engine is, I hit 170km/h on a few occasions. When I hit 170km/h, I could still feel the acceleration big time (about the same as accerlating from 120km/h). I think the top-speed is limitated, but I dare not try to find it. I don't think I will ever unless I find a race track. I am not going to pull 170km/h anymore. :-)<P><BR>James<P><BR>

<BR>Oh yeah, to get an idea how powerful the engine is, I hit 170km/h on a few occasions. When I hit 170km/h, I could still feel the acceleration big time (about the same as accerlating from 120km/h). I think the top-speed is limitated, but I dare not try to find it. I don't think I will ever unless I find a race track. I am not going to pull 170km/h anymore. :-)<P><BR>James<P><BR>

Your Roadmaster is basicaly a chev caprice classic find info on the caprice and you can bet its pretty much equal to your car.<P>------------------<BR>Lee C.<BR>81 Electra Park Ave (350 original)<BR>83 Electra Park Ave (307 that wont die)

Dear sir,It escapes me how one would be compelled to find performance figures on such a pedestrian vehicle. You are probably an anal retentive, juvenile, pantywaste who has'nt become self sufficient enough to function on your own. You are reminiscing about the days when your diaper was being changed in the back of your parents wagon.

<BR>I didn't check this place for sometime and I was happy to see 3 new messages!<P>Well, still haven't found an answer. <P>OMG, people are entiled to their own opinion, but that was truly adolescent behaviour right there. Need not say more.<P>82 2dr and Tomsriv, I agree! <P>This is all too funny!!!!! HAhahahaaaahahaha<P>If I offended Honda owners, I am sorry (this is the Buick Club after all).<P>James

James: You've got a great vehicle there. My brother has a '94 Caprice wagon (really same vehicle under the skin) with the LT-1, and it hauls! I would guess 0-60 in about 7.5 sec. I believe either Car and Driver or Automobile magazine tested the 4dr sedan version of the '96 (maybe '94 or '95) Roadmaster and came up with similar test figures. Check for the article at your public library. Also, check <A HREF="http://www.stationwagon.com" TARGET=_blank>www.stationwagon.com</A> for ineresting info. Go to their gallery and there are some interesting pictures of '94-'96 Roadmasters and Caprices.<P>Steve Robin<BR>Minneapolis, MN

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tomsriv:<BR><B>Jeffrey your an idiot. Your probably one of those people who think a Honda is a hot rod.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Tell me about it. God did not intend for high-performance cars to have less than 6 cylinders under the hood.<P><p>[This message has been edited by 1959BuickEnthusiast (edited 02-15-2001).]

I think the wagon would be a little slower than the sedan due to the extra weight of the glass etc. The police package is an Impala SS at about half the price.<P>Tomsriv

Cop car packages usually had heavy duty everthing including the good silicone rad hoses (Usually green in color) electric water pump bigger brakes bigger sway bars 225/70/15 tires rubber floor covering no carpet bucket seats digital speedo (calibrated for accuracy) throttle body fuel injection. And thats about all I can think of right now!<P>------------------<BR>Lee C.<BR>81 Electra Park Ave (350 original)<BR>83 Electra Park Ave (307 that wont die)<p>[This message has been edited by gm boat owner (edited 02-15-2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gm boat owner:<BR><B>Cop car packages usually had heavy duty everthing including the good silicone rad hoses (Usually green in color) electric water pump bigger brakes bigger sway bars 225/70/15 tires rubber floor covering no carpet bucket seats digital speedo (calibrated for accuracy) throttle body fuel injection. And thats about all I can think of right now!<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>"It's got a cop motor, cop brakes, cop suspension, and cop wheels. So is this the new Blues Brothers Mobile or not?" - Jake and Elwood Blues.<P>

• 7 months later...

Hello everyone.<P>I couldn't find any hard facts about the performance of my Roadmaster Wagon, so I ended up testing myself. I get 0-100kmph in about 7.5 seconds. <P>All you Roadmaster/Caprice LT1 owners would probably know that initial pick up is not as good if floored from stand still (or mabye it is just me). It is actually better if you apply between 1/2 - 3/4 throttle. Unfortunately, I forgot to do that on the 2nd try. That should shave off another 0.3 seconds. But I must say, this is definately a fast car and can surely do 0-60mph in 6.7 seconds! <P>James

Vegard - thanks for the website. Great site! <P>96Roadmaster - Thanks for sharing your Roadmaster experience. Yeah, I would assume the Wagon is a few ticks slower too. I'm guessing 2/10th slower. <P>But I gotta say one thing, adding STP fuel injector cleaner really provides the engine a little more umph. I mean, without it, the engine sounds 'normal'. With STP, it roars. When I did the test, I believe the STP may have helped a bit. <P>I use surpreme gas for my baby all the way. When the car was brand new, the dealer said there is no problem using regular gas. Well, after a few tanks, the engine was jerking/studdering. Dumbfounded (since it was a brand new car), I took it to the dealer and they had to flush the fuel injectors. Since then, I use surpreme and STP fuel injector cleaner every 5000km. Still drives like new after 7 years!<P>Yeah, what a sleeper. I love it when I pass those guys driving their tiny/fancy imports in disbelief. :-)<P>James

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> "It's got a cop motor, cop brakes, cop suspension, and cop wheels. So is this the new Blues Brothers Mobile or not?" - Jake and Elwood Blues. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>"Fix the cigarette lighter." - Jake

• 4 weeks later...

The roadmaster that you describe is Corvette powered. 94-96 Roadmasters are equiped with LT1's thats are a full 100 or so horses larger than 91-93 models. <BR>The major reason for this was the 350's Chevy engines were having oil pressure problems due in most cases to improperly drilled oil galleys. Buick requested that the 350 be replaced in the Roadmaster with the LT1 as is used in Corvette's. I don't know how fast they are but it turns a 5400lb<BR>wagon into a rocket. By the 95 model the tranny was also completely electronicly controlrd as well. It may indeed be a boat but it is one very fast and nice handling boat.

• 1 month later...

Take a look at the Federal NTSHA web site and you will find the 91-96 Roadmaster Wagon has the highest resistance to rollover rating on their site.

Either Car and Driver, Motor Trend or Automobile several years back did a article on the Michigan State Police tests for police cars. If I remember right they measures the top speed of the Caprice wagon at 105 mph, while the sedan had a higher top speed. This was probably due to the calibration in the PROM more than aerodynamics of the body.