Question for TC savy people: Wheels

I am looking into putting different alloy wheels on my TC. What would be the best wheel weight to match the same that came on the 1989 16v Manual? My thought would be to match the wheel weight. What is your thought on this topic?

Size and offset are the most important thing, unless you're racing it, then weight becomes an issue.

They are an alloy that can corrode easily if the clearcoat wears off. Acid is a bad idea, unless you know exactly what you're doing. If it's just dirt, a good cleaning is in order. If they're pitted and corroded, then they need to be smoothed and buffed, then clearcoated, but the original had a black painted insert to highlight the lace - that's a pretty big job if you want them looking really mint...

Jim

Size and offset are the most important thing, unless you're racing it, then weight becomes an issue.

They are an alloy that can corrode easily if the clearcoat wears off. Acid is a bad idea, unless you know exactly what you're doing. If it's just dirt, a good cleaning is in order. If they're pitted and corroded, then they need to be smoothed and buffed, then clearcoated, but the original had a black painted insert to highlight the lace - that's a pretty big job if you want them looking really mint...

Jim

Thanks for the info, this will help with my decision.