National meet photos

Pete Phillips

Speaking of "Shame"......is this THE MrEarl taking what Old Tank describes as the new and improved 1954 Buick out for a test ride?

7486976766_7e9b866ce6_c.jpg

Hmmmm....looks like he really likes it guys, I mean look at the sheer joy on his face.

(Should have paid me off for this pic bud....hehehe)

Ok to be fair he did slap up his gang sign after he was caught....

7486972720_0a818a0783_c.jpg

post-62521-143139093357_thumb.jpg

post-62521-14313909336_thumb.jpg

Edited by stealthbob (see edit history)

You'd think the head of the gang wouldn't flash the sign backwards. (45)

So you can count that high eh? I did good to get the correct number of fingers up. Should have left it at just one.

That red fitty fibe fo doe will SKAT. I was hoping Robert E didn't hear the screech them 8.50's made on the way out of the garage. And when we left the hotel headin for the race track that morning, Bob in the Century left me and the Landau in his dust. And when the light turned green at the entrance to the track, you'd have thought Bob thought it was a christmas tree light. He took off down the perimeter track like he was on the inside track.

Hector

Thanks for the photos. It really helped me get a feel for the swap meet and car corral. I was going to ask - what was interesting for sale in the car corral.

Lots of nice modifieds. Swap meet made me drool over some of those items

Thanks everyone for posting all these great Pics.........what a great assortment of beautiful Buicks and the swap meet pics were a treat.........mmmmm......some nice parts there.

I gotta get me to South Bend next year with a trip across the States............Top of the bucket list and the bucket is nearly full ;)

Guest Hector
.........what a great assortment of beautiful Buicks and the swap meet pics were a treat.........mmmmm......some nice parts there.

I gotta get me to South Bend next year with a trip across the States............

I know for a fact that quite a bit of those parts are heading down to OZ maybe even a car that was sold after the event.There was a good crowd from everywhere buzzing around,good people!

Here are some shots I took of Ted Hamady's 1941 Super Convertible...yummm<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

41RM, I'm sure you meant Ted Hamady's 1942 Super 'vert...and I agree, yummm!

It's shown here next to the Trasport's equally-yummy '41 Display Only ragtop. It's not

often one sees both together to compare their vastly different, year-apart designs.

42_56c_and_41x.jpg

Larger

I got to spend some quality time with the '42 and the Hamadys at the 2012 Amelia Island Concours,

where the car won an Amelia Award. Great fun.

42_56c_ribbon_3x.jpg

Larger

Mr. Earl was at Amelia, too, lending an able assist to Bob Coker and the '54 Landau (He really gets around!).

42_56c_lbx.jpg

Larger

Great show in Charlotte, and it's nice to see the Car Corral & Swap Meet pics, too!

TG

Edited by TG57Roadmaster (see edit history)

All,

Anyone who wants to view the official photos taken by the meet photographer and a few by some other folks can do so at the shutterfly site that has been set up.

http://2012bcanationalmeet.shutterfly.com/

Individuals can order photo prints, shirts, mugs calendar, etc etc etc even make a custom book of the event from the photos via the site or just view a slide show. This seems the easiest way to distribute the photos to the membership since they are large file size.

The Carolina Chapter, nor the photographers, do not make any revenue from the sales of the items the site provides.

Brian, thanks for sharing the link...lots of great pics!

A gentleman stopped me and my lovely wife Rita as we were walking along in the Atrium area and asked if he could take our picture. Of course we obliged as I figured he must just want a picture of "Beauty and the Beast". I was hoping that picture might turn up here as, partly due to my camera not working properly, we did not get a single picture of us together during the event. Just wondering if that gentleman might be on here?

• 2 months later...

I was made aware that aside from our official meet photos there is a DVD of photos from the meet being sold by an individual who attended and snapped a lot of photos of our Buicks.

More info can be found here

Buick Club of America Charlotte Nationals - Car Guy DVDs

I bought a copy and it’s 35 minutes long and has a lot of photos. Note to owners of the newer cars (60’s - up) and driven class cars, the DVD is a bit light on photos of those cars.

Again the chapter has no affiliation with this guy, he just took a bunch of photos at the event and is selling DVD’s.

All,

Anyone who wants to view the official photos taken by the meet photographer and a few by some other folks can do so at the shutterfly site that has been set up.

http://2012bcanationalmeet.shutterfly.com/

Those pics on shutterfly are great! It's nice that there's so many pictures of the people obviously enjoying a wonderful Meet.