Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Amazing photo/Buick?

Not a Buick. It is a 1917 Studebaker. Could be long enough to be a six cylinder one - Model ED.

Not a Buick. It is a 1917 Studebaker. Could be long enough to be a six cylinder one - Model ED.
Yes! I was trying to remember where I saw an emblem with script at this angle. I though Buick but the lights and hood just didn't seem right. Thank you. Pretty cool picture.

Is it possible that the car is a 1916 Studebaker. By the looks of it, it's obviously headed across the country... perhaps vying for a MoTor magazine/Tiffany silver medal that was being offered to anyone completing a cc trip in 1915 and 1916. Read about it in the AACA Library column in the May/June 2012 issue of Antique Automobile.

With a 5 bow top, it's a 7 passenger. Also, I googled both 1917 and 1916 and could not find a 16 with a headlight bar.

Frank

I am having trouble figuring out how to start a new post--with this new format-----would some one please E mail me at bobnroman@yahoo.com------------------and explain how to do it thanks BR

So has this picture been colorized? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think they had color pictures yet in the teens.

It says it is from a collection of glass slides, probably hand - tinted / colored. May have been shown in an early picture show like a travelogue.

Here's the photo:

Picture1952.jpg

This is easy now! Copy and Paste! No need to use hot links. :)

On Route 89, heading North, 5 miles South of Ash Fork, AZ. (camera is looking East, about mid-day!)

It's my crystal ball... I think I have it pointing right...

Chuck

Edited by Woodfiddler
magnetic interference (see edit history)