Sign in to follow this  
chrisheadrick

How can I insure my classic car overseas on a driving holiday in Europe?

I'm looking to ship my Series II E-type overseas for a ten-day driving holiday in Sweden. Got everything lined up, except one thing...insurance.

I can't seem to find anyone who will insure my car from the US while driving it in Europe. I've searched online, the back of car magazines, AAA, my mechanics, my own US carrier, etc., and nobody seems to offer coverage. Clements, Chartis, GEICO overseas,...no luck. Some Brit companies will insure in England only. Others will only insure workers from the US for an extended stay...over six months.

Does anyone have any tips or ideas for insuring a an American car in Europe on a driving holiday....in Denmark and Sweden, is where I'm hoping to go.

Really, this is the only thing ruining my attempts at a holiday. When I bought my Jag, I always dreamed of shipping it to Europe and driving it there...

Ideas?

Thanks!

C

Chris Headrick

1969 Series II FHC E-type, Signal Red/Black

Pasadena, California

Benefits of AACA Membership.

Honestly, those two names might just be the information I'm looking for. I'm not insured with either, but maybe they have a policy for me...

Hi

I am in England if you get stuck

let me know and I will contact my insure co and see if thay can help you

Hi! Try this one for more information, they can ship your car as well and they are very serious in doing that! I use them because the company is trustworthy! They might help you to get more information!

English spoken for sure! Welkom | SCL Rotterdam

Good luck!

Hi, if you are interested in phone numbers etc. to insurance companies in Sweden i can help you. Or anything else for that matter, send me a pm and i´ll give you my e-mail adress.

What are your plans for your Swedish holiday, Power big meet?

Regards

Jimmy Larsson, Gothenburg Sweden