Sign in to follow this  
lifeisflimsy

1937 Silver Streak Pontiac Jam Handy Picture Services, Inc Filmstrips

Hello all,

I have 3 filmstrips that say:

"New By Comparison Jan., 1938"

"The 1937 Silver Streak Pontiac CHASSIS"

"The 1937 Silver Streak Pontiac ENGINE"

I'm curious if anyone knows the value of them. They are very old, and I have not opened them but a couple times, but they are in great condition. Thanks for any input or information regarding these antiques.

Carbking has a collection of Jam Handy Organization training stuff and he specialized in their Pontiac material. Do a search for his posts and Jam Handy and you'll find him. He'll know the value better than anyone I can think of.

These are neat pieces of automotive history. Here is a link to a section of my website that describes them more:

THE CARBURETOR SHOP / Pontiac audio video index

As to value, difficult to say exactly. There are currently 4 on Ebay with a "buy-it-now" of $19.95 that have been there since Noah landed his Ark, and they haven't sold. More often than not, they are listed at about $10. each. At that price, some sell, many don't, especially those this old. You would find much more interest, and increased value, if these were in the muscle car era of 1964~1972.

I would personally offer $8.00 each for the three you have, plus a reasonable figure for shipping.

Jon.

For more up-to-date info on value, check out Ebay 190696950022, which just ended.

Jon.

Jam Handy films are great! I have found copies on the Prelinger Archive.