1962 Rambler Classic DRIVES GREAT! PRICED TO SELL! $3900

Guest Chema

Guest Chema

It's worth way more than I'm selling it for! But I need to get rid of it!

Check out the craigslist add here:

https://post.craigslist.org/manage/3086931416

I have a 1962 Rambler Classic Cross Country for sale. I'm a college student and have been working on cars since I was 15. I have been restoring this beautiful machine but now I have no job, and need the money.

The car is almost in 100% daily driving order. The whole fuel system has been gone through, new fuel pump, cleaned out tank, repaired filler hose, etc. The cooling system has been fully gone through, new water pump, thermostat housing, water hoses, repaired radiator, etc. The brake system has been fully gone through new brake lines, hardware, shoes, resurfaced drums, new wheel cylinders, rebuilt master cylinder. It has new wheel bearings, plenty of tread on the tires, new motor oil, transmission oil, and differential oil, brand new KYB shocks in the rear, the front still have plenty of life. Brand new battery. The flywheel was just resurfaced with a rebuilt pressure plate and new clutch. The valves are all adjusted, and the carburetor was just rebuilt. It has new spark plugs, wires, and points in the distributor. I'm probably forgetting a few things but the point is it runs and drives great! I just took it to San Francisco and then Yosemite. But it has since developed a very subtle knock. It burns a lot of oil, so the valve guides or piston rings should probably get a little love. Should be fine to drive around, but ultimately it could use an engine rebuild. These engines are highly sought after, too. With 7 main bearings they are really strong! Although it only has 46,000! miles on it, it pretty much sat for 20 years before I got ahold of it.

Mechanically it's great. The exterior is in great shape too, There are no dents or body damage anywhere. It has new paint on it, but it's not clear coated, and there's no dents anywhere. But it's missing a couple pieces of chrome molding. It has a crack on the lower passenger side of the windshield, but I can give you the number to a junk yard that has a good windshield. The interior needs to be cleaned up a bit, but other than the seats it's just a little dirty. Theres not even any rust on the floor boards. The rear seat is showing some springs, it will need to be reupholstered or replaced (the same junk yard, has seas too). Front seat also has a crack on the drivers side, but with the blanket it's fine. The headliner is in good shape, it's got a little discoloration, but it's not sagging or torn which is really good. The drivers side window takes a little finesse to go up and down, but it shouldn't take much to get that working perfectly again.

This is an extremely rare car and is by far the most beautiful 50s-70s era station wagon in my opinion. It has an OHV inline 6 cylinder engine and a "3-on-the-tree" manual transmission with an overdrive that works great! This was one of the first cars to have a unibody so it is way lighter than other cars of the era. Meaning improved handling, braking, acceleration, and gas mileage. This car gets close to 30 MPG on the highway! And I've heard of many owners on forums say that with a little tuning get 35+ MPG!

What makes this car really rare is that it has factory Air Conditioning!!! It will need to be restored but the compressor spins freely which is amazing! It's also an Arizona car so it has absolutely no rust!

The car is 100% original so it would be a restorers dream. And it is really rare and gorgeous so it would make a great lowrider too.

Call, text, or email for more pictures, maintenance records, to make an offer, or ask any questions.

Thanks,

Chema

Edited by Chema
Minor edits (see edit history)