Stutz Chief Engineer Russ Begg

Marcus

• 7 months later...

I have posted elsewhere if Begg designed the 1929-1930 Blackhawk chassis... and what years he worked for Hudson per his 1957 obituary as well as Holden books? Odd is the fact that his link to Stutz and Budd was omitted from his obituary but the other car companies mentioned.

More information that may help? Does it come up in the Stutz book who was chief engineer during the 1928-1930 era?

The thing is that we know Crawford left in January 1928 but there must have been someone between him and Begg? I see that Begg was at Budd "before" he was at Stutz. Looks like he may have started around November 1929 at Stutz and know he was there at least by March 1930. I don't have access to the S.A.E. Journals other than those Google snippets and that is what I am coming up with so far.

Charles Sharp Crawford who was chief engineer at Stutz since 1922 and died after an operation in 1935....

January 14, 1928 Crawford Leaves Stutz to Join G.M. Export Go. Charles S. Crawford, chief engineer of Stutz Motor Car Co. of America, Inc., has resigned to accept a position with the engineering division of General Motors Export Co. (Opel Germany)

He was on his way to Europe by late January but did not move there.

Begg seems to have been at Budd in 1928 around the same time Crawford left Stutz so was not appointed to Stutz immediately since I also see at least one patent he filed for Budd in January 1929.

So... need to find who filled in at Stutz between 1928-1930. Could it have been Moskovics filling in as well as running the company?

Edited by James B. (see edit history)

• 8 years later...