Met Club Show at Shelbyville

Bill Clark

The Metropolitan Owners Club of North America would like to thank the AACA and the Celebration City Region for their support in making the Mets a part of the 2012 show in Shelbyville. Without exception, the Met club people that attended, especially the people new to AACA, enjoyed themselves immensely. Our members came from New York, LA, Wisconsin, Arizona, Tennessee and parts in between and brought a total of 21 cars to the Met show on Friday. We picked up seven new Met Club members. Four of the Met club people who had never shown with AACA before brought their Mets to the AACA show on Saturday and left with had a first, two seconds and an HPOF tab. This was great testimony showing how joint meets can help antique car clubs to grow.

The combination of new friends, new cars, new members and new memories made it great weekend.

Thanks for having us

Bill Clark, MOCNA Director, longtime AACA Member

The picture below is Brad Swiggart, MOCNA President and Herb Oakes at the Met Hospitality tent.

post-30795-143139066618_thumb.jpg

Guest Skyking

Bill, I'm also sorry I couldn't make the meet, even though my daughter lives 30 miles from there. I want to thank you for all your hard work in promoting these fine cars.....................

Bob