Question for the Buick experts.

Guest whiskeyjack

Guest whiskeyjack

I picked up a 1955 Bel Air At auction.It seems to have a Buick motor which I am having great difficulty identifying.The only numbers I can find are first on the block where the bell housing bolts on.It is a 2 and below that is 57.That is on the flat between the two top bolts.On the intake rear right rise is G 25502095-1 under this is cast a circle with a diagonal line pointing toward the left front,then a 17 Then a solid round rise about 1/2 " across then D-Y.Distributor is on front angled toward left.Firing order is 18436572.No. 1 cylinder is left front.Dipstick is left center. Any help is greatly appreciated. whiskeyjack1948@hotmail.com

Guest whiskeyjack

I have checked every web site I can find for casting numbers.They seem to run between mid 60's and 70's.All begin with 1 as 138 or 124.They show nothing starting with 255.

Guest whiskeyjack

Cannot send photos.Try to send them on here (reply to thread) and just keep getting upload error.Loaded them fine on my email reply but cannot contact you through that as the email address is donotreply.Guess I'm stumped.

Guest whiskeyjack

Just asked a Ford man friend and when I told him about the 57 on the rear of the block between the top bellhousing bolts he said ,well it's a buick 5.7 litre (350)

Guest whiskeyjack

want to thank everyone for the help I.D.ing that motor.Now if I can find out what year it is or close.Guess it doesn't matter as most Buick 350 parts should fit

Guest Rob McDonald

Hehehehe... seriously, folks, our new friend has an honest question. Send those pics to Bernie and we'll all pitch in on the ID.

"Somebody put a Buick in a Chevy? Epic!" Cripes, they had to do something with all the non-Small Blocks that must be piling up across Americal

Guest whiskeyjack

Thank you for posting those for me Roberta.Don't know why I couldn't. Maybe because I don't have high speed internet.Joys of country living you know.

Guest whiskeyjack

Ah. Thanks Roberta.Now I know for next time.Say Rob would you belong to the Old Car Buffs of Edmonton.I do and thinking maybe we bumped into each other.