CL: 90 Convert red/tan $8k Aberdeen, WA

SeanR

Looks pretty decent.. Interior looks like it's been messed with a lot. carpet, seats ect. aren't original. I'm wondering why there are OEM seat covers in the trunk. Does that mean the removed them? Or there are extras? Who knows.

Milage would be a determining factor. If under 130k I'd say that's a fair price

I dare say, that carpet - while not original - looks VERY good. Color is spot on, and from what I can see, they went to the trouble of cutting the console pieces correctly (unless they found a kit w/pre-cut pieces) so it seems the previous owner, or whoever replaced the carpet, was rather particular. That, in my opinion, is usually a good sign in that the car was well cared for. Of course, I am saying that on speculation, but the overall condition in the pictures seems to bear that out.

Unless mileage is very high, this looks like it could be a reasonable way to get a 'vert. I'm not in a buying position presently, but if it were close by, I'd probably look at it.

KDirk

Well, on further examination, I note the following:

- Center console arm rest looks redone, there are some "bubbles" in the upholstery visible on the passenger side and the stitching is not quite lined up to the contour of the padding beneath. I think this has been redone, and the fit is just a bit off. Not bad, but noticeable.

- Drivers door lower speaker (woofer) grille is either missing it's original cloth covering, or has been redone in black.

- Steering wheel has an aftermarket slip over cover. Maybe done for comfort, but more likely due to wear in the leather .

- Seats are clearly not original upholstery. The fact that [the] original leather (or spares?) is in the trunk makes me think the seats were recovered, not just slip over covers. Oddly, the visible portions of the factory leather covers in the trunk look pretty good.

- IPC passenger side ventilation louver shows the characteristic heat warping (does not fit snugly against the opening in the IPC "pod") of a higher mileage car, or at least one that has been outside in the sun enough to cause this. In the case of the latter, the carpet would be faded too, so unless a masterful re-dying job was done, I suspect the carpet was replaced. The fact that the [non-factory] floor mats are an exact match supports the notion that new carpet and mats were purchased together from the same vendor.

- Trunk contains a well worn 1990 shop manual. Of course, this could have been bought used in that condition so doesn't really tell us much.

I still say it looks to be in great condition, so please don't construe any of the above to be my trashing this car. Just some detective work from the photos provided, to try and figure what was done. If anyone on here inquires about the car, please post back with the mileage, and any other pertinent data. I'm just curious, as this looks like a very well maintained car, if it is higher mileage. If it is low mileage, then I question the need for the work done on the interior.

KDirk