NOS Tailpipe for 1940 Buick, 50 and 70 series

Jolly_John

I have a new-old-stock (not aftermarket) Buick tailpipe for sale. It is Buick part number 1313030. My old Buick factory parts book indicates this tailpipe fits 1940 Buick, 50 and 70 series, all body styles.

The last photo shows the Buick part number actually embossed on the tailpipe (although it is difficult to read in the photo).

This genuine Buick tailpipe has never been used. However, it does have some light surface rust from being in storage all these years. However, it is just surface rust. I think the pipe would clean up nicely by simply rubbing it with steel wool.

The price for this NOS pipe is $85, plus the shipping. The reproduction vintage exhaust people charge $80 to make up a similar tailpipe. However, their pipe will NOT have the factory-original reduced inlet (for fitting inside your muffler outlet) or the angled outlet tip, and it will NOT have the embossed Buick part number at the rear of the tailpipe.

This tailpipe can be shipped via FedEx Ground, for a reasonable price. Thanks for looking. John<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

post-31491-143139062104_thumb.jpg

post-31491-143139062106_thumb.jpg

post-31491-143139062108_thumb.jpg

post-31491-143139062109_thumb.jpg

post-31491-14313906211_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jolly_John (see edit history)

• 5 months later...

I learned an expensive lesson. Anyone with a '40 Buick applicable to this pipe should buy it and store it because it is a "manufactured" pipe and not a pipe fabricated by some gemoke with a bender. I have a search going all the time for spare manufactured pipes for all my cars, NOS or NORS is fine. As a last resort I will take my car to a competent shop and have a pipe bent and fit to my car. I will never mail order a bent exhaust system again. Two NOS over the axle pipes for my Riviera are hanging on the wall. I bought them from John.

A year and a half ago I bought a complete 1960 system from a Buick exhaust source for $550. Today my car is quiet and free of rattles. My total expense has been $1300. The only part of the original purchase on the car is the two tail pipes. Everything else is in my nephew's tin pile.

Buy John's pipe if there is a remote possibility of ever needing it.

Bernie

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)