Sign in to follow this  

350 to 455 in a '72 Skylark Q's

I have a '72 Skylark with a 350 2v engine and TH350 tranny. I also have a Olds 455 with a TH400 attached to it. My question is does the 455 have the same motor mount locations as the Buick 350? And will the accessories and brackets from the 350 mount to the 455 or would I need need new brackets and/or accessories? The 350 has AC that I would like to move over to the 455 if possible. One more thing: the radiator for the 350 has about a dozen leaks in it right now...if I get a radiator for a Buick 455, will the inlet and outlet be in the same location for me to use it with the 350 until I get the Olds 455 in there? Any and all help is greatly apprecaited!<P>-Chuck

First thing to check is, Where is the Olds starter? Most that I'm familiar with are on the drivers side. Then check the Buick engine's starer position. Probably on the passenger side. Thus the wiring harness may be a major problem.<P>Let us know.<P>------------------<BR>George C. Thomas<BR>70 GS 455 12.teens<BR>86 GN Low 13's/ high 12's

Why don't you do the easy swap and put a 455 Buick in your Skylark.<P>------------------<BR>455 Ken

8 ball,<BR>I have a 69 olds and a 71 buick 455 with a th400 attached to it (Radiator, shroud, starter, etc...). It appears that we may be able to work a swap.?!<P>Email me<BR>ronvigil@hotmail.com<P>I am in Albuquerque New Mexico FYI, but shipping may be less of a headache than the retrofit we both face.<BR>