The Elegance at Hershey – Alan Gosley photos

Guest T-Head

Guest T-Head

E-I1.jpg

Last weekend was the second annual The Elegance at Hershey, held at the Hotel Hershey. Friend Alan Gosley of Overdrive Images, traveled all the way from Cow Bay, Nova Scotia, to capture these fine photos. Alan started out very early in the morning to catch some of the participants on the way into the show on the driveway of the Hotel.

(Above) is the 1938 Delage D8 Coupe from the JWR museum on its way in, shown in the bright sunlight. A sleeve-valve Brewster enclosed-drive limousine is seen (below) climbing the hill on its way in.

We will be featuring Alan's fine photography of The Elegance on The Old Motor along with photos of the VSCCA Grand Accent held at the same time in the coming weeks. Keep stopping by to enjoy his wonderful photos.

EII.jpg

Edited by T-Head (see edit history)

Somebody in another thread was wondering what made a show a "Concours". I would suggest looking at these pictures to see a show that definitely qualifies.

I remember foolishly thinking I was going to steal that Horch cheap at the Steven's auction.

Guest '22 Brewster

Bob,

I look forward to receiving the Brewster information. Thank you for making the effort to find it for me. The Elegance at Hershey was a wonderful event well organized and presented in a lovely setting. The folks who worked so hard to put it together are to be commended for doing a fantastic job.

God bless,

Frank

Great Pics. The Delage above reminds me of the Lincoln Judkins coupe featured in the current issue of The Classic Car. Judkins notes indicate his coupe, very simillar in the greenhouse area, could possibly be "the first hardtop" and I wonder if one influenced the other or they were designed at about the same time, worlds apart, by coincidence?

Guest T-Head
I would be inclined to agree on that, A.J. and agree - If you have any interest in Full Classics CCCA is worth the coin even for a non Classic owner.

It is one of the three best club publications including the Horseless Carriage Gazette and the Antique Automobile in the U.S.

Guest T-Head

A couple more photos by Alan Godsley showing a Buick along with a Packard driving up the Hotel Hershey driveway. The second photo shows the Off Brothers Collection 1938 Bugatti Type 57C Aravis drophead that received the French Curve Award - Open

post-65489-143139062848_thumb.jpg

post-65489-143139062854_thumb.jpg

Great Pics. The Delage above reminds me of the Lincoln Judkins coupe featured in the current issue of The Classic Car. Judkins notes indicate his coupe, very simillar in the greenhouse area, could possibly be "the first hardtop" and I wonder if one influenced the other or they were designed at about the same time, worlds apart, by coincidence?

You will get into trouble, guaranteed, every time you use the word "first." I was just at the AACA national meet in Shelbyville, Tennessee, and there was a 1920s Packard on the field that was definitely a hardtop (no post). I might have a photo, but I haven't even had a chance to download photos from The Elegance yet, let alone last weekend's meet.