NEED HELP IDENTIFYING CORVETTE PARTS

Pictures 19 & 20 are NOT Corvette items, but 1970-1978 CAMARO padded dash pads.

To correctly ID the two wheels pictured on page 2, you'll need to check the "stamp code" by the valve stem. Usually a two-letter code on either side of the valve stem, "near" it more than "beside" it. In the 15x7 size, the Corvettes usually had "zero offset" wheels as the regular Chevies had "negative offset" wheels . . . when looking at the wheels standing up on the ground, the center section of the Corvette wheels will be more in the center of the rim, whereas the regular Chevy wheel will have the center section more toward the outside edge of the rim.

I recommend that before you start seeing "$$$$$$" of what you might make if you purchase this lot of old parts is that YOU learn what they fit yourself. Either by matching them to particular models through "good pictures" of cars or by chasing the part numbers on the boxes (stamp or cast numbers might be CLOSE to the part number GM used, but NOT exact). This way, when somebody asks you, you can be "informed" enough to intelligently talk about them AND know what they might be worth.

ONLY people looking to build a car would reallly need NOS parts rather than calling a Corvette parts vendor and "flashing the plastic". If the parts have "warehouse wear" (like nicks, dings, scratches), that decreases their value. Unless the "sand marks" under the factory chrome are desired, "re-chromes" look much better to the average person.

IF you decide to get this stuff, you'll have to get the whole lot of it, "for a price". That's where the problem comes in . . . many sellers think anything that fits a Corvette is worth MONEY, but that's not always the case. Now that you've seen the stuff and taken pictures of it, you might cruise through some of the reproduction vendor catalogs to see what's in them and what their pricing might be. To ensure your profitability, you'll need to pay a good deal less for that stuff than what the "new stuff" sells for!

If you're looking for a quick and easy profit, that might not really happen. Plus you'll need to determine what it all fits so you'll know what it's worth on the open market, rather than an OEM "retail price" or "vendor price". YOU'LL have to do your homework!

Just some thougths,

NTX5467

• 4 weeks later...

thanks for the replies i offered the lady some money for the parts . well see how that goes in a few days . yes i know ill have to do my homework . the ladys kids were going to throw all the parts away in the trash . if i get the parts ill post better pictures of the stuff .