1930 DB Truck Carter Carb Air Cleaner

farrellg

We are making good progress on our restoration. Engine has been run in the test stand and runs good. Have some minor repairs, but overall, its in really good shape. One thing I am still trying to track down is the correct air cleaner. Here is a photo from the instruction book. I believe this to be a Carter air cleaner, but am not sure. I figured I would put a post out here and see if anyone has one or two laying around. I need one for both my 1930 and 1931 Plymounth 4 cylinder Silverdomes. Maybe someone has one on the shelf they would be willing to part with.

We are making good progress on our restoration. Engine has been run in the test stand and runs good. Have some minor repairs, but overall, its in really good shape. One thing I am still trying to track down is the correct air cleaner. Here is a photo from the instruction book. I believe this to be a Carter air cleaner, but am not sure. I figured I would put a post out here and see if anyone has one or two laying around. I need one for both my 1930 and 1931 Plymounth 4 cylinder Silverdomes. Maybe someone has one on the shelf they would be willing to part with.

George, what makes you say Carter air cleaner, I know the carb is Carter but I believe the air cleaner was manufactured by a different source

The more I think about it yes I believe I am correct, look forward to being proven worng though

Edited by 1930 (see edit history)

It was made by sompthun and sumpthin sheet metal works, sorry cant be more specific, I simply dont remember but if I run across it I will let you know

Jason,

Honestly, no idea. All I have is the picture from the instruction book.

Well this is how many of us find our parts, by cross referancing other makes, something to consider

• 6 months later...

No manufacturer name on it. Does have the part number 41931 on it with the word Top. Price is relative, probably paid more than I should, but when I did not even have a pattern, and its only the second one I have seen for sale ever, a good de for me. Here are a couple of photos.

post-69599-143139306181_thumb.jpg

post-69599-143139306186_thumb.jpg