Sign in to follow this  
KentWood

Horn

I found the simplest solution is to remove the right side healdight assembly. Then all the bolts are exposed. After taking apart my air pump and cleaning up, the compressor still did not work properly, also the horns themselves were not functionong 100%. As a fix I purchased a new set of universal bugles and compressor and replaced the original. They bolted right up, although I relocated the bugles themselves to the bracket in front of the radiator. Now everything works just fine.

bob,

do you have a recommendation or part number on the brand of replacement you purchased?

There are two horns built together. Your problem sounds like my original one, one horn chamber baffed out.

NO, I do not have a part number, but any replacement air horn set should be ok. I purchased mine on e-bay as a universal air horn set. It worked out perfectly. The only difference was that, due to space limitations (and patience) I relocated the bugles themselves to beloy the front radiator support. The horns are mounted sideways and aimed down slightly to prevent water from entering them, it was much easier.

Regards,

Bob

Chrysler-PartsCenter.com offers Low and High note TC Horns:

ELECTRICAL / CHASSIS ELECTRICAL / HORN / HORN

HORN Low Note

MSRP Core ? Save Online Price

$66.35 $0.00 $13.27 $53.08

ELECTRICAL / CHASSIS ELECTRICAL / HORN / HORN

HORN High Note

MSRP Core ? Save Online Price

$66.35 $0.00 $13.27 $53.08

OR a substitute offered by superiorhorns.com is:

Bad Boy Chrome Compact Air Horn

Regular Price: $73.95

Special Price: $68.95

SKU: W519

QUICK OVERVIEW

The latest in air horn technology, one-piece design, that requires no hoses.

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

Installs in minutes by simply transferring the factory horn wires to the compressor. Mounts with one bolt included in kit. Produces a powerful dual tone air horn sound that is two times 2X louder than the factory horn. The Bad Boy is compact in size to fit any car, truck, motorcycle and any 12-volt vehicle that wants a loud air horn sound. With bright chrome plated finish that will make the vehicle stand out, and a Heavy duty maintenance free compressor will provide years of dependable service. Instruction in English / Spanish. Size: 2-1/2" W x 4-1/2" L x 4-1/2" H

post-70130-143139060099_thumb.jpg

post-70130-1431390601_thumb.jpg

Edited by KentWood (see edit history)