3/4 ton DB parts list book

I'll state the obvious by saying that "H" was the designation given to the DA motors as far as I'm aware. No clue as to why they used "H". Maybe it was the 8th version, (A=1, b=2 etc...), of that particular motor configuration.

My job can get kinda boring so something I have been pondering today is what reason did they designate Trucks with a "DA" code like the cars? Are they totally based on the DA car design just with the rear portion of the body removed, cab-chassis style, or did they base the truck around the chassis and motor of the DA and start afresh with body panels etc? Or was it that they designated the trucks with the same model number scheme and start with a DA, (Dodge A model), that bears little similarity to the car DA? My knowledge of the trucks is a bit limited I'm afraid and while I have seen plenty of pics I havn't studied them hard enough to figure out the similarities. I just can't recall seeing a pic of a DA truck that from the front doors forward I could say looks like a DA car at first glance. Fenders and lights for one seem to be different on the trucks when compared to cars of the same year.

Not trying to highjack, just padding out the thought process a bit!!! :)

what reason did they designate Trucks with a "DA" code like the cars? Are they totally based on the DA car design just with the rear portion of the body removed, cab-chassis style, or did they base the truck around the chassis and motor of the DA and start afresh with body panels etc?

Not trying to highjack, just padding out the thought process a bit!!! :)

I've been wondering that as well, maybe someone can shed some light on this. Although it seems like the answer is the latter of your question posed.

Not hijacking at all, it's a logical question for those of us trying to learn the not so simple DA designations.

I found some info on this 1930 Model DA1-C-140 according to an old thread from 2003 http://forums.aaca.org/f143/1930-dodge-brothers-1-1-2-a-179329.html

Not doubting, just trying to confirm somethings in an attempt to lock down the proper year (and things like this help confirm). Below is a list of items that I'm almost sure would have been the same as the Panel truck on topic. :

Dash is the same as the truck on topic.

Grille radiator shroud and badge are correct for a 30.

Windshield frame could be very useful to this project in the future. (I believe it to be correct as I found the windshield on the 3/4 ton would not have opened).

notice the hood emblem under all that patina ?

how bout the 3 hinges on the doors ? thats different but the same year. Interesting

Oh, and the door handles look correct.

Can't see the wiper motor but that would have been useful to see.

Looks like the drivers mirror bracket is in the correct place but no mirror.

Very cool find.

Though it may seem that this 30 Panel truck on topic is extant, photos like this could be useful in putting the pieces back together. The hard part will be finding any of these parts for sale once we do find them.

You that are watching this thread in the backround make note, these are the parts and the year of the truck we are looking for. Although the model is different (this is a larger truck with heavier steel wheels) this will give an idea of some of the parts that would have been interchangable.

46720d1264168563-1930-dodge-brothers-1-1-2-1929-series-f-2.jpg

46718d1264168563-1930-dodge-brothers-1-1-2-1929-series-f-3.jpg

post-69994-143139060449_thumb.jpg

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

GOOD NEWS !!!!!!

Hey Bro,

if you're seeing this, I just got an email just this second. We may have found a motor for it out of a truck. Engine number is H43-xxx frame number is E144 XXX I'll keep ya posted.

Can anyone please confirm this to be a period correct motor for this project ?

AWESOME !:D My hearts racin....(please don't be siezed up)

The motor in original post http://forums.aaca.org/f143/1930-dodge-brothers-1-1-2-a-179329.html is not a DA-6. This would possibly be a Desoto 6.

Thanks stakeside,

I'd like you to ellaborate on how you came to that conclusion and what sources you used if you would please for those of us trying to follow along and learning how to use these books.

Also, how bout the duallys (almost looks like a rat rod but that's factory) ? What's up with the doors ? This thing was meant to pull somethin....Looks like a fender would have been mounted there sloping over the dual tires.

Went to this thread http://forums.aaca.org/f143/dodge-brothers-graham-brothers-trucks-282804.html and others trying to locate a similar design of that 1 1/2 ton and no luck but anyway, that's a whole different discussion but I don't mind covering it is as it applies to interchangable parts for the truck on topic if someone can put anything forth.

Updated Engine info via email just now:

"I'll be out of town for a few days, I'll pick it up when I get back. It is still in the truck which is a 1 or 1-1/2 ton that has been cannibalized. Engine number is H43-xxx frame number is E144 XXX. We've agreed on a price of $300"

:D

Got the book. The truck on topic is listed from 1930-31 model DA-124 E Series with a DA engine so thats good confirmation. Although the note at the bottom concerns me "Note: Trucks prior to the F series (when 1931-34 series were being produced) did not have frame numbers assigned by models, therefore it is impossible to give serial number information for these trucks" See 1st pic below

Title:

Dodge Brothers Truck Master Parts List Final Edition for all models prior to 1934 Issued July 1, 1934

Heres the kicker and reason I wanted it:

Chrysler Motors Parts Corporation of Canada, Limited

Division of Chrysler Corporation of Canada, Limited

Windsor-Ontario

WM-3355

Thought it would shed more light but doesn't appear to yet.

Nice condition, complete, only slight tears and pretty clean (for now but I've already put some creases in it :eek:). Pics below.

Now I see what you mean by "assumtions" Jason.

Keep in mind when reading the following that my model is DA 124.

Example when looking up the word Mirror in the index:

Mirror ("Panel" meaning Panel truck I'm assuming) Page T-25-19

Then once I go to that page under rear view mirror it shows models HC, HCL, H-30, H-31 and continues on to page T-25-20 with more models up until 1934 that don't apply..... But no mention of DA 124 which is a 30-31 3/4 ton. So I guess we are to assume that if it's a Panel Truck mirror then it falls under one of the models listed on page T-25-19 as it mentions in the Index when looking up "Mirrors" ?

Makes since but I just want to confirm I'm doing it right.

If anyone needs any Canada help before 1934 I may be able to help.

One other note:

I don't see ANY 3/4 ton models listed as being produced from 1932-34 so that tells us we only have 2 possible years it could be and I believe we've made the case for it to be a 30 to this point.

post-69994-143139060954_thumb.jpg

post-69994-143139060982_thumb.jpg

post-69994-143139061006_thumb.jpg

Guest Killerbunny
Not from Faxon, it's an original not a reprint. I think you'll like it and may be pleasantly surprised

I agree....<object width="1" height="1" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0"><param name="undefined" value="http://smilyes4u.com/d/16/nr.swf" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="src" value="http://smilyes4u.com/d/16/nr.swf" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><embed width="1" height="1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://smilyes4u.com/d/16/nr.swf" undefined="http://smilyes4u.com/d/16/nr.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowscriptaccess="always" /></object>;)

I am not sure who you are talking too with these past few threads, the way I read the majority of it you appear to be carrying on a conversation with yourself, I for one am confused.

I see you got your parts book though, I think you are recognizing that it is a Canadian parts book and maybe you got a little bit snookered in the deal simply because you did not know any better, I have been there and done that, dont feel bad, the books are nearly identical with the U.S Detroit version.

There are actually two volumes I believe to this Canadian version, I have the both if you are curious

BTW I am pretty sure I know where you bought that and what you paid, I bought my two volume set from the same guy some years ago but even then the price was outragious

Just a suggestion, if you have a question you are curious about try and make the question all to its own, try to be clearer without alot of other comments around it, makes it easier to understand, maybe its just me though.

I am not sure if this fits in with your posts above or how its supposed to fit in but the truck in question above has been heavily modified, chopped up and spit out.

Edited by 1930 (see edit history)

Thanks stakeside,

I'd like you to ellaborate on how you came to that conclusion and what sources you used if you would please for those of us trying to follow along and learning how to use these books.

In response to previous inquiry by 30Chysler- The information was in an article in the "Dodge Bros& Graham Bros Trucks through 1938". Article was titled "The Merchants Express part 2 ". The DB Club news Oct/Nov 99 feature this article.

The strange looking tractor with the duellies was a salvaged truck used for other duties possibly on a farm. I have seen these back yard conversion before. I once saw a cut down 20's dodge chassis using the 4 clyinder engine and two tranmissions in series.

Thanks stakeside,

In response to previous inquiry by 30Chysler- The information was in an article in the "Dodge Bros& Graham Bros Trucks through 1938". Article was titled "The Merchants Express part 2 ". The DB Club news Oct/Nov 99 feature this article.

The strange looking tractor with the duellies was a salvaged truck used for other duties possibly on a farm. I have seen these back yard conversion before. I once saw a cut down 20's dodge chassis using the 4 clyinder engine and two tranmissions in series.

I think he specifically wants to know how you came to the conclusion that it is a Desoto motor

Dave, you can see that its not a DA motor because of the missing dist. coming from the head, might be a DD engine. I am not quite sure myself on how Stakeside came to the conclusion that it is a Desoto engine, I would have guess it to be a DD with possibly incorrect horn. ( hard to make out details from the pics )

1930 Dodge Brothers 1 1/2 ton truck<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

<HR SIZE=1><!-- google_ad_section_start -->I recently bought a 1930 Dodge Brothers 1 1/2 Ton series F truck. The number number under the hood and title vin is 8471055. The number on the motor is

DD2T2942 0. Can anyone help me with information. I need to know if there are any shop manuals or books for this truck. I also need to know what engine this is. I want to restore it but I'm lost. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

TDC

My mistake. It is a DD engine. The article I refferred to says The F-10 could of used the Desoto/Chysler six.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

<HR SIZE=1><!-- google_ad_section_start -->I recently bought a 1930 Dodge Brothers 1 1/2 Ton series F truck. The number number under the hood and title vin is 8471055. The number on the motor is

DD2T2942 0. Can anyone help me with information. I need to know if there are any shop manuals or books for this truck. I also need to know what engine this is. I want to restore it but I'm lost. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

TDC

.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

This was posted ( above ) by GUEST, it was Rocket455 that shows the engine pics of his truck not that it matters, but anyway its still not a DA motor and would guess by its size and what little information can be gathered from his post it is still a DD engine within his truck

Thanks,

TDC

My mistake. It is a DD engine. The article I refferred to says The F-10 could of used the Desoto/Chysler six.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Simple mistake, we all make them

Thanks for posting.

I am not sure who you are talking too with these past few threads, the way I read the majority of it you appear to be carrying on a conversation with yourself, I for one am confused.

I see you got your parts book though, I think you are recognizing that it is a Canadian parts book and maybe you got a little bit snookered in the deal simply because you did not know any better, I have been there and done that, dont feel bad, the books are nearly identical with the U.S Detroit version.

There are actually two volumes I believe to this Canadian version, I have the both if you are curious

BTW I am pretty sure I know where you bought that and what you paid, I bought my two volume set from the same guy some years ago but even then the price was outragious

Really ? Whats this all about ?

Don't think I really need to explain this to everyone out there, but here goes.

Didn't get snookered as it was a "Buy it now" item. Maybe it was the same guy your referring too ? So what, should I not have purchased it? I thought I explained that with the comment "it may shed more light possibly". Maybe I shouldn't be doing that ?:confused: Seriously ?

I knew full well what I was purchasing and what the cost was going in or I wouldn't have bought it. Hence the phrase "Wow, these books aren't cheap huh guys"?

Not trying to get into a peeing match Jason but we are all adults here and I really don't know what the big deal is with my obviously excited previous post's and the recent purchase with vital information. But then again, maybe it's just me. :cool: Besides, the point being that parts for the Panel on topic are interchangable with other trucks such as the Hack job above.

If anyone has a problem with my posts or the way I word them or the way I explain myself please, let me know and I'll try my best to correct the matter.

Just trying to get to the truth on the truck on topic. I'll try and contain my glee from here on out.

Dave, you can see that its not a DA motor because of the missing dist. coming from the head, might be a DD engine.

Not really man, I'm still learning and studying here. In due time I'm hopeful it will sink in though ;)

Edit:

Thinking about this, I'd really like to see the other side of this motor somehow (pics or illustrated factory DB references will work) for more clarification as to what your referring to more clearly if you would be so kind so we can all learn collectively.

Really ? Whats this all about ?

Don't think I really need to explain this to everyone out there, but here goes.

Didn't get snookered as it was a "Buy it now" item. Maybe it was the same guy your referring too ? So what, should I not have purchased it? I thought I explained that with the comment "it may shed more light possibly". Maybe I shouldn't be doing that ?:confused: Seriously ?

I knew full well what I was purchasing and what the cost was going in or I wouldn't have bought it. Hence the phrase "Wow, these books aren't cheap huh guys"?

Not trying to get into a peeing match Jason but we are all adults here and I really don't know what the big deal is with my obviously excited previous post's and the recent purchase with vital information. But then again, maybe it's just me. :cool: Besides, the point being that parts for the Panel on topic are interchangable with other trucks such as the Hack job above.

If anyone has a problem with my posts or the way I word them or the way I explain myself please, let me know and I'll try my best to correct the matter.

Just trying to get to the truth on the truck on topic. I'll try and contain my glee from here on out.

Think you took one single paragraph from my post the wrong way and deemed the rest of the post as a negative from then on ( thats never happened :mad:) , bad day maybe? Just tryin to help

Sorry if my english structure isnt up to par, I am not a very smart man.........Quote.................Dave, you can see that its not a DA motor because of the missing dist. coming from the head, might be a DD engine. .............

My name is Jason BTW, not man, thanks for the consideration

Not a bad day at all man ... got the book and great news about a possible motor find as evidence above sorry you would think that. :D

No problem Jason. Just looking for info on the truck and really don't want to get into sematics of others posts, we really don't need hall monitors still do we ? I guess I should have never brought the 1 1/2 ton into the discussion but I thought it was helpful discussing the "interchangable parts" for those following this thread who may be looking for parts in salvage yards ;) My mistake

NOTE:* This is for those out there in the backround helping in the search for information and who have a personal interest in this vehicle :)

Got another call from the Chrysler museum today. We are waiting to see if it's possible to get the build card without ownership somehow. More later.

Just talked to the Chrysler museum and received some confirmation for those interested and helping in the research:

Build date: March 11th, 1930

Engine #: H-146xxx 6cyl

Model: B-124 (typo with the B maybe ? I'll ask more next week)

Tires: 6 tires and wheels came with it new.

Type of wheels: Wood

Size 20x5.5"

No paint color mentioned on the build card.

More to come. Still trying to lock down a paint color and will have to talk to a long time Dodge employee next week to find out more.

By the way, thank you to everyone that helped out. We appreciate it very much :D

Bob, call me when you get time.

Thanks everyone, especially you Jason :) couldn't have done it without you man.

Not a bad day at all man ... got the book and great news about a possible motor find as evidence above sorry you would think that. :D

No problem Jason. Just looking for info on the truck and really don't want to get into sematics of others posts, we really don't need hall monitors still do we ? I guess I should have never brought the 1 1/2 ton into the discussion but I thought it was helpful discussing the "interchangable parts" for those following this thread who may be looking for parts in salvage yards ;) My mistake

Back up take a deep breath and look at things from a different angle, you off in left field somewhere man, it was a good thing man that you posted the pics of that truck. No mistake man, itll be just fine......man

Well, at least you don't berate and ridicule anyone (that would be a first huh;).... )

Classic 1930 from all the thousands of post's I've read from afar in the last few years..

You are the man,.... man ? Jason is it? or should I say....? ah, whatever...

As I said, thanks for the help, if you can't except it then oh well.... :D

Well, at least you don't berate and ridicule anyone (that would be a first huh;).... )

Classic 1930 from all the thousands of post's I've read from afar in the last few years..

You are the man,.... man ? Jason is it? or should I say....? ah, whatever...

As I said, thanks for the help, if you can't except it then oh well.... :D

I accept it, no problem here, ( take a pill ) its all in the sense of humor as far as berate and ridicule you can see things many different ways and it up to you on how you choose to see them, your perception of things is how you decide to read them .................BTW you wont find a paint color on your build sheet, you will hopefully see a code though that hopefully we can help you decipher, dont rely too much On Chrysler Historical to decipher much, they mean well but they have alot going on.

No problem at all and I am happy you are getting somewhere with this

Keep asking questions in the mean-time, I enjoy this as much as you, if a question is not acknowledged or answered it is prob. because at the time I or someone else has read it we dont have the time to look for the answer and when we come back it has dropped down to a post we have already read ( not highlighted ) and it is lost from memory that we need to go and find the answer.

Might be you could also read the post en-titled transmission and add to that yourself, maybe your .........long time Dodge employee next week .........can shed some light on this?

As I have the feeling you understand its about give and take here so any help is always appreciated

Got another call from the Chrysler museum today. We are waiting to see if it's possible to get the build card without ownership somehow. More later.

So, how did you get around the no ownership thing?

I'm in a similar situation as far as my cars details and build card go. I only really know the engine number and at this stage cannot provide ownership proof. And I have no chassis number....

Without ownership details the Build card is a no go for me at the moment.

Oh man.....my doobie has gone out.....

Sorry, couldn't resist! :D

Oh man.....my doobie has gone out.....

Sorry, couldn't resist! :D

There you go and that's why I find it a tad offensive, I cringe when I walk into any retail store and they address me as man, seems disrespectfull but maybe that's just me, I also somehow ( maybe its all those Chechen movies ) connect the phrase man ( as its being used ) to drug addicts or users and each to their own but I have always had a problem with this.

I guess maybe I am a bit over sensitive to the term but like calling an engine a motor it has always been one of my pet peeves.

Apparently Dave dosent see any harm in it though so as long as he is happy Im happy

He'll be back, this old truck is like a disease now for him that cant be shaked

Oh, that Dave! I was throwing in a little Cheech and Chong "Dave" reference. ;)

Yes, I'm sure the real Dave will be back soon too. He's got bit by the dodge bug baaaad. It's making him crazy!

Ok, back on topic......now, where were we? :confused:

Oh, BTW Jason, I had never given the "engine/motor" terminology thing much thought. You are of course 100% correct, and we all have out bugbears. I have been guilty of this particular offense but now I see the light.....

Sorry Dave, back on topic now honest! In case you miss it amongst all this fluff I asked you about your build card experience few posts back.

Ross :)