1991 Reattas

Bushwack

With the exception of the 1990 Select Sixty, is it known how many Reattas came with the 16" white wheels? Were they an option or just came with a certain color combo (i.e. white/red)?

The white wheels were an option on white '91s.

Buick/GM to my knowledge does not have records that are helpful on the options.

As you know, all 1991 Reattas came with 16" silver wheels. The 16" white wheel was a $100 option on white cars only. However the number of cars sold with white wheels is unrecorded or at least unknown at this time.

From a document on 1991 convertibles, it shows 109 white convertibles built (of the 305)

6 had grey interior, 10 had blue, 18 had tan, and 71 had flame red.... there were 4 made with white seats 2 of the 4 had blue trim and 2 had red trim.

From that same document, it shows 14 white convertibles with white wheels.

We do not know how many coupes had white wheels.

Jerry, your question got me to thinking and Comprehensive Chevrolet, Saturn, GMC, Hummer, Cadillac, Buick, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Geo, Dodge, Plymouth, Jeep, Chrysler, Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda Truck, Mercedes VIN Decoder gives a rarity rating.

By taking a known 1991 white coupe with red interior and entering the vin at the site above, you can get an answer to your question.

215 white 1991 coupes with red interior. The Reatta database shows 348 total white coupes.

215 would be 62% with red interior.

Since Compnine will only allow you to do 3 per day, we could organize and if 10 people did 3 searches, we could gain lots of info on the 1991 coupes.

Someone come up with a plan............

Jerry, your question got me to thinking and Comprehensive Chevrolet, Saturn, GMC, Hummer, Cadillac, Buick, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Geo, Dodge, Plymouth, Jeep, Chrysler, Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda Truck, Mercedes VIN Decoder gives a rarity rating.

By taking a known 1991 white coupe with red interior and entering the vin at the site above, you can get an answer to your question.

215 white 1991 coupes with red interior. The Reatta database shows 348 total white coupes.

215 would be 62% with red interior.

Since Compnine will only allow you to do 3 per day, we could organize and if 10 people did 3 searches, we could gain lots of info on the 1991 coupes.

Someone come up with a plan............

I used this info to see about my '90 silver vert w/ body color molding, 16 ways and CD player. As I can tell, just a silver vert w/ slate interior is 1 of 93 (I thought 1990 silver/slate convertibles were 1 of 60?).

If I add the 16 ways (AF9 & A81) and stereo w/ CD player(unclear but I think UW6), it drops down to 1 of 40.

Can this be?

One more thing. Are the true RPOs on the label beside my spare tire and I should compare those w/ Compnine?

I used this info to see about my '90 silver vert w/ body color molding, 16 ways and CD player. As I can tell, just a silver vert w/ slate interior is 1 of 93 (I thought 1990 silver/slate convertibles were 1 of 60?).

If I add the 16 ways (AF9 & A81) and stereo w/ CD player(unclear but I think UW6), it drops down to 1 of 40.

Can this be?

I think U1H is the UX1 cassette radio plus the outboard CD player. UW6 is the speaker system.

One more thing. Are the true RPOs on the label beside my spare tire and I should compare those w/ Compnine?

They should match.

Of course someone could have retrofitted things after the fact. For example, many people have retrofitted the factory CD player - myself included. So obviously when I look up my VIN, or look at the decal in the trunk, it won't show it.

Ervin, not sure I would want to bet the farm on any of the data, but by using as many sources as possible, we can come real close.

I have a page dated "data thru 7/31/90" that shows both coupe and convertible volumn in all colors. It says 13U silver convertible = 60, 33U Driftwood convertible = 60

All driftwood cars came with tan interior but the silver cars usually had grey interior but there were some built with blue and red, no known tan interior silver cars.

This same sheet gives the interior colors, but the info is almost worthless because it is not tied to the exterior color. Example, it indicates there were 65 with 16 way seat and white seats (this would be the Select 60 cars), 115 blue 16 way seat were installed in convertibles but it does not tell you how the 115 was split among the exterior colors.

Again, using other info, we can cross check and see if the 115 blue number matches.

Thanks Barney. It seems what data there is can nullify or contradict other data. So unless every Reatta for a given model year is accounted for, there is no definitive way to come up with production numbers for various configurations.

Then again, if 13U says there were only 60 silver verts made for 1990,..... Darn thing gives me a headache.