Just in 63 Riv.

DAVES89

Just in my local u pick. Looks like someone wanted to do a restoration and got only far enough to pull parts. The parts were in boxes on the reat black bucket seats. These boxes are now in another car. This car had power windows but no A/C. There is a console, but I don't know the difference between a long or short console. The rims are in the u picks office. They are correct for the car and there is at least one center hub missing.

As one might guess, some parts are good, some are not.

Please let me know what you may need. My email is lemke1044@aol.com and we can talk price.

Dave,

Can you describe or picture the wheels with the "missing center cap." In '63, the Riviera was available with one of three choices of wheel covers, no rally wheels. Rally wheels were not available on a Riv until '65. All Rivieras in '63 had the same console, nothing long or short. I know it might be a hassle but some pictures would be helpful. If the heater control levers under the dash aren't busted, those would be worth something. Buick made some mid-year changes to the '63. They started out with a 120 mph speedometer and a smooth dash facia. Mid year, they went to a 140 mph speedometer and a ribbed facia. There were two availabe engines, the std. 401 and the optional 425. 401's were coded JT, while the 425's were code JW. The dynaflow transmission for that year was also a one year only deal for the Riv. If by any chance there's an owner's manual in the glove box, I want first dibs on it. 63's also have some one year only emblems.

If you want to send me some photos, I'll help you identify them.

Thanks,

Ed

The car is stripped. It was "found" by someone else. The counter guy told me his name was John. He comes in every week with a big cart that is propelled by a rotor tiller. he carries a generator that powers his electrical hand tools.

At any rate everything is gone, the hood, front fenders, interior, seats, dash items, console rear speaker, door jamb switches, etc.

I feel like Cindy Loo Hoo in "The Grinch that stole Christmas"

Maybe the guy belongs to the Riv site, but I think that what he really does is sell stuff on Ebay. He just walks up and down each aisle looking for stuff he can sell.

RivNut, I looked and there is not an owners manual. The wheels are in the shop. Thjey are average condition 14" wheels. They are like the ones you guys were talking about sometime ago withn charcoal color between the spokes. There are no hub covers.

Some owner replaced the original wheels with some later Formula Five rally wheels. The Formual Five wheel wasn't available on a Riviera until 1965. There could be a market for those wheels. If you can ID the stamping on the inside of the rim close to the valve stem hole, it can be decoded as to its application. Lots of guys are looking for the '67 and later Formula Five wheels that were used on disk brake applications.

Ed

John I knew you weren't the one. The guy that probably was the regular with the equipment stated above. It is quite a setup. I have seen him more then once. He just goes up and down the aisles looking for items to sell on ebay...

OK Riviera People: I remember in the mid 80's when self service yards started popping up in our area. The management of these places were junk yard dogs, many of their customers were bottom feeders and there certainly was much room for improvement.....BUT.....

In spite of all that, there were a ton of us car guys who were in heaven among all the dead iron. I can't tell you how many cars wound up there that by today's standards were ripe candidates for revival. It really made me crazy, especially not being able to buy an entire car. Had I have been able to do business with these people I probably would have had accumulated an enormous amount of cars.

Now when an old school car hits one of these yards it's gobbled up in no time. I'm thinking that many of the people selling the "jewelery" items at swap meets might have got them back in that day from these type yards. Just imagine a complete 66 Chevelle 2 dr. hardtop coming in on the forklift and what would happen to that car shortly after! Mitch

Did he leave any of the suspension? I need both upper and lower control arms for the front of the car.

Thanks,

If I had to guess I wouls say they are both there on both sides. That would be something that guy wouldn't take. Let me know if you are interested.

Regarding those wheels. I looked at the rims by the air valve. I didn't see any # I will say that they are 5 spoked 14" wheels with horizontal vents about 4" or so in each dark gray area.

There are 5 wheels. 4 in the shop and on e in the car.

Let me know if you are interested. About Tuesday next week they scrap them.

Normally my pricing is my cost times two plus $15.00 an hour for labor, but as I won't be doing any labor, I'll see what they want per each and get back to you.

I/we will be going to our camper tomorrow so I won't be able to look until Monday/Tuesday.

If I had to guess a price I would say $30-$40 each plus freight.

PM me if those terms are acceptable.