Delco Reamy distributor

Guest colt9

Guest colt9

I do not know what it fits. That is what I am trying to find out. it looks like it could fit several different car- has auto advance on it

The tag said it was made in Anderson IN by Delco Reamy

Any help would be appreciated

Colt9

Guest colt9

Dan I will get a picture as soon as I get it back. I am having a guy rebuild it and will not get it back for a week or so!

Ken

The distributor on my '33 Plymouth is a Delco-Remy 644H. The number on yours is in a similar range which leads me to guess that your unknown one is from that general vintage. However I know that it won't be for a Chrysler built make because those will say manufactured for Chrysler on the Delco-Remy tag which you would have mentioned.

Dan I will get a picture as soon as I get it back. I am having a guy rebuild it and will not get it back for a week or so!

Ken

I am fascinated by your remark-that you are spending money to have this item rebuilt and yet you do not know what it fits.

I know that it won't be for a Chrysler built make because those will say manufactured for Chrysler on the Delco-Remy tag which you would have mentioned.

Tautology (logic), a technical notion in formal logic, universal unconditioned truth, always valid

Your statement therefore is false. I have several 1931-1932 Delco Remy distributors, all in Chrysler product engines, none of them mention Chrysler on the tag.

Tautology (logic), a technical notion in formal logic, universal unconditioned truth, always valid

Your statement therefore is false. I have several 1931-1932 Delco Remy distributors, all in Chrysler product engines, none of them mention Chrysler on the tag.

I just learned something...

All the one's I've looked at closely enough to read the tags said manufactured for Chrysler so I made the rash assumption that all of them did. So much for non-scientific statistical sampling. :)

I just learned something...

All the one's I've looked at closely enough to read the tags said manufactured for Chrysler so I made the rash assumption that all of them did. So much for non-scientific statistical sampling. :)

(Sorry to be mean) You DO have a great 1933 Plymouth web site ! dp

Edited by dep5 (see edit history)

Guest colt9
I am fascinated by your remark-that you are spending money to have this item rebuilt and yet you do not know what it fits.

I am having it rebuilt to go in a 1932 Ford 4 cal- but wan t to find out what it came out of?

thanks

colt9

Guest colt9

could you send me pict's of your distributor? The 628F will fit my 1932 Ford truck. I am wanting to know what it came out of so I can find a spare

colt9