aftermarket gauges

I dunno about a wire only one, but as far as oil pressure guage make sure you get one that's not just a plastic tube. I had one like that and somehow it just melted on me, bad bad bad.

you shoud be able to get an "electric" oil pressure guage from someone like VDO guages. a lot of people dont like them becuase they say the are not as accurate. accuracy i dont know what is better. but cheap little plastic hoses can break and cause a huge mess in your car if it breaks under the dash. if it breaks under the hood it can [censored] out a lot of oil.

I am having a bad time with an electric gauge from Mallory. The electric ones have a kind of bulbous sensor that theads into the block @ idiot light sensor spot, then 1 wire to gauge(besides power, light). I like the suggestion from another post to use a copper line for a mechanical gauge, but I have not searched for this size tubing yet. Bought the electric one to keep from running a pressurized oil line into my interior, seems like a bad concept.

I recommend Auto Meter's 2.58" Sport Comp electric gauges. They are as accurate as any gauge you can find and they look great!<P>BTW, I've also had a plastic oil line break on me and it's not a pretty sight.