Sign in to follow this  
azgalang

Convertible Tonneau

Hi, I am a new owner of a Chrysler TC (91) and I have a small problem with the the tonneau cover. On the drivers side it will not stay in the down locked position when the top is down. I noticed that when I have the top raised and not in the locked position that the drivers side of the the tonneau cover can be released with a light pull of the cover. Is this a minor problem that has an easy fix. Since I have had the car I have had a problem with the odometer, air , and rear view mirrom.

Welcome to the Forum.

Your problem could be just the latch mechanism on that side in need of adjustment, or there could be something broken in there. Good news is that the latch mechanism is right there at the front inward edge of the tonneau cover, so it's easy to see and work on. And since there's one on each side, you can compare the one that's working with the one that's not to see if something broke. It may just be gummed up and sticking - try spraying it with WD-40 (try not to get overspray on the leather though) and see if that's it.

The other issues you've had are well known - search through the forum here and you'll see...

Jim

Same problem on my 1990 and found that WD-40 carefully applied has fixed the problem for the present. Make sure the lock is tight in place.

You will need to make sure that the soft top assembly is properly stowed inside before closing the tonneau. If not, there will be issues for locking the tonneau.