New Trunk, 1933 Buick 90...

Guest outlaw car man

Guest outlaw car man

Got my new trunk on today, it's an original 1933 Buick 80, 90 factory trunk, that's black and fits on my 90 perfectly. I guess the 80-90 series trunks were larger.

Car came with a Taylor trunk, that's real nice, but this fell in my lap thanks to car buddy Al ( Bubba ) . Anyone looking for a cool Taylor made trunk ?

As you can see it's all original, I spent a day working it, buffing it out etc. It was in perfect shape when I got it but had to add my touch ( fun too )

Still has the Buick logo and Buick production sticker, I guess you'd call it.

Even makes the car look BIGGER !

Sandy

OCM

post-54015-143138990326_thumb.jpg

post-54015-14313899033_thumb.jpg

post-54015-143138990334_thumb.jpg

Guest Jim Jordan

How nice is that!....................... Looks great Sandy.

Is your Taylor made a Buick trunk? Might need one for my 32 57S.

By the way, lovin' your green 90 fer sale. Wow what a cruzer!

Jim in MN

Guest outlaw car man

here it is mounted and secure. I had a dream last night I was driving and had forgot to secure it with the mounting brackets. Fell off.

Basically a nightmare to Buick people.

With rear trunk open, car measures bit over 19' long. Gives me 2' in front & 2' in rear clearence.

All 90s & Limiteds need a " Bigger is Better " bumper sticker.

Sandy

post-54015-143138991608_thumb.jpg

Guest Rob McDonald

Amazing condition on that trunk - congratulations! However, to me trunks on Classics are a bit like continental kits on '50s cars: undeniably practical for hauling on a cross-country tour but not really what the carmakers' stylists had in mind for the showroom. Happily, most accessory trunks appear to be fairly easy to dismount and stow in the garage attic, between long, overnight drives. That way, you get two "looks" for the price of one.

Did a Buick accessory trunk originally come with fitted luggage, too? One occasionally sees these at shows on big Packards and such, with large, medium, and small bags all neatly tucked into the big shiny box.

Guest outlaw car man
How nice is that!....................... Looks great Sandy.

Is your Taylor made a Buick trunk? Might need one for my 32 57S.

By the way, lovin' your green 90 fer sale. Wow what a cruzer!

Jim in MN

Jim, I can't answer that question on the Taylor trunk, it came with the car.

It fit on the rack OK but was about 4 " short on both sides. ( Buick 90 size)

I'm guessing it's a upscale trunk for a older car, Packard, Buick ????

Took the green Buick out last night for a short run, it's considerably stronger then my black one, not that I'm racing the two, but the new engine helps I'm sure.

PM me if interested in the Taylor trunk, it's sitting in storage now.

Sandy

post-54015-143138992518_thumb.jpg

Guest outlaw car man
Amazing condition on that trunk - congratulations! However, to me trunks on Classics are a bit like continental kits on '50s cars: undeniably practical for hauling on a cross-country tour but not really what the carmakers' stylists had in mind for the showroom. Happily, most accessory trunks appear to be fairly easy to dismount and stow in the garage attic, between long, overnight drives. That way, you get two "looks" for the price of one.

Did a Buick accessory trunk originally come with fitted luggage, too? One occasionally sees these at shows on big Packards and such, with large, medium, and small bags all neatly tucked into the big shiny box.

Hi Rob, Thanks-

I'm on the other side about trunks, I think it adds to the 30s look. I've restored a couple Potter's trunks for 34 Fords I've had. The Taylor trunk was a bit older looking for the car, the Buick 90 trunk really adds to the flowing style of the long car.

Just how a guy feels about his car of course. I've always had trunks on my 30s stuff, sidemounts the same if I could.

I don't know if this had fitted luggage , might of. Those Packard trunks with luggage are spectacular, the cool hat boxes etc.

Sandy

• 1 year later...
Guest cwhitaker

Hell Rob, I am looking at a trunk like yours that needs restoration and the seller is asking $2500. Does that sound like a fair price? Also, what does the trunk secure to the rack with? There is no hardware provided for attachment. Thanks for your help. Chuck

Guest daydreamer1950

just for the info . all 33 trunks were the sams size except fot the coupe witch was 3 ins shorter . i also have trunks for 32 33 34 35 buicks for sale.

Guest cwhitaker

What price do you need for your 33 trunk? condition?

just for the info . all 33 trunks were the sams size except fot the coupe witch was 3 ins shorter . i also have trunks for 32 33 34 35 buicks for sale.

Guest daydreamer1950

i have several trunks from 500-1000.00 they are all complete and in good condition . some have the wood in the bottom bad or not there . some are real nice . they are correct trunks that the buick dealer sold . paul 1 231 357 3009 if any one wants pics send me an email address . they are the same as sandy has on his car in the pics above.

Guest caperdory1981

Daydreamer...I sent you a message..I am interested in a 1933 Buick series 60 victoria luggage trunk...thanks.craig