Antique/collector car prices climbing?

Hey y'all......was anybody at the Charlotte show last week? The car corral was the largest I've ever seen but the PRICES! Did anybody actually SELL a car there? It seemed to me that there were only about 3 or 4 good deals to be had, about 20% priced "right" and the rest were way up in the stratosphere. Have I missed a price surge or was Charlotte just full of wishful thinkers? confused.gif" border="0

Car prices at Charlotte are ALWAYS high and they won't bargain. I see the same cars in Carlisle two weeks later and the price is down, and the guy's ready to talk. I've noticed this the last 8-10 years.<P>I was there Saturday, ill as a rattlesnake because of the [censored]-poor job the NCHP and LMS staff did controlling morning showcar traffic, and didn't see many people toting stuff out. Buddy went Friday and he said more stuff was moving then.

I sold a car at Carlisle once. I got more for the car than I was asking! (2 guys wound up bidding against each other. The whole process took about 2 hours.)<P>Major swap meet prices are always the highest. But if you want to sell your car and you're not trying to make the rent doing it, there's no better place.

The best deal there was a 1935 Graham sedan...100% complete, barn fresh, asking price $5,000. I was 1/2 tempted but I remember the reception I got from my wife when I brought the 1919 Cadillac home from Hershey in 2000. I left the Graham in Charlotte. rolleyes.gif" border="0