Brake relining on 1937 plymouth

Guest jasonperkins

Guest jasonperkins

Ok so I finally got the rear hub off my 1937 plymouth and I think I figured out why it was so stuck on there. It appears that the brake pad was somehow fused to the hub. When it finally broke free part of the pad remained on the shoe the other part stayed on the hub. So now I was curious is there a replacement shoe and pad that fits this? Or is there a specific part number that I can reline my shoe with? PLY I checked out your site, and I am sure it is probably on there, but I could not find it if so sorry. Just as a warning THE HUB WILL SHOOT OFF.....I did not heed the warnings really in my previous post, and well I got it to shoot probably a good 3-5 feet :D. Will not lie was a pretty amazing site

I've only had the shoes relined a couple of times since I bought my '33 Plymouth (driven it about 60,000 miles). Each time was in a different city and all I did was take the shoes to the local "brake and friction" company found in the Yellow Pages (shows how long ago the last time I did it was). Typically this is the place that does trucks and/or the back end shop work for the retail brake repair places. They did their magic on the shoes and returned them to me with new linings. Typically they offer the option of riveted or bonded linings. That type of company can also be a good place to purchase all the parts to rebuild your wheel cylinders, etc.