Jump to content

70 Riviera chrome piece below rear side window

Guest fenwick

Recommended Posts

Guest fenwick

How do you remove the chrome molding that is below the rear side window on a 70 Riviera? The driver's side piece on my car needs rechroming. Is this piece pot metal? What is this piece called? Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Belt line trim? That's what I would call it.

There are 2 phillips head screws you remove from the inside, then it lifts up and off.

I think I had to remove the interior panel first, but with the window all the way down was able to get at the screws.

Here is a crude cell phone pic that at least shows the holes for the screws in the body.

And it is a cast piece, I would assume pot metal.

Hope that helps! :)


Edited by Sweepspear (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...