Atlanta craigslist deal 68 Skylark 'vert.

Greenelectra

Guest Caribou

If this was about 4000 km closer I'd buy it in a second.

I keep wanting to buy these things, I don't know why, must be something they put in the paint.

Guest sintid58

Cant beleive he hasn't sold it yet. If we had our house bought and moved into and that all handled I would really be interested. If there is one car I would like to ad to the stable once we have some more room its a convertable and we get to Ga all the time so if its drivable we could easily pick it up. The price seems very good for a vert.

Guest DinoBob

I don't know. That car looks a little hinky to me. The wire caps and the very badly aligned fender scream "thrown together".

I kind of wondered about this one too.One big turn off for me is the absence of the rear fender well trim.That is one of the first things I look for on a car having been "redone". ;)

That rear fender trim would be on the skirts, which are not there. One main problem with 68-9 Buick A bodies is the rear wheel opening is already so low it's difficult to get wide tires on and off. It's a two jack job as you need to get the rear tire off the ground, then you have to raise and lower the body to get the tires past the brake drum and out of the wheel opening. Of course that's not the case with the original style skinny tires, but the fat fenders call for fat tires...

Meanwhile I am astounded by how poorly the 68-9 Buick A bodies do on e bay in comparrison to their other GM cousins.