I had a toy dump truck when I was a kid . I was steel, with a red cab and a blue box and as best as I can recall it would have been a 56 or 57 GMC or Chevrolet. It might have been about 15" long. Does anyone have an idea of who the manufacturer might have been. I am in Canada so it likely was a Canadian company although it could have been imported too.

Pat--I had a set of "Tonka" trucks when I was a kid they were pressed steel. '56 Ford replicas. They were semi trucks with various trailers log, cattle, dump,etc. The cabs were red color with the trailers being other colors. The total length of cab and trailer was somewhere around 24" long. Sadly they are all gone now with the exception of one of the log binder chains. A lot of miles on my knees were put into that set of trucks. I can't for the life of me remember what happened to them. Thanks for bringing up some happy memories. Mark

• 1 month later...
Guest knuckle head

Otaco made pressed steel trucks in Orillia

There will likely be some on display Aug 18 when Orillia has their car show, and

the historic society present an orillia heritage theme

Pat--I had a set of "Tonka" trucks when I was a kid they were pressed steel. '56 Ford replicas. They were semi trucks with various trailers log, cattle, dump,etc. The cabs were red color with the trailers being other colors. The total length of cab and trailer was somewhere around 24" long. Sadly they are all gone now with the exception of one of the log binder chains. A lot of miles on my knees were put into that set of trucks. I can't for the life of me remember what happened to them. Thanks for bringing up some happy memories. Mark

My brother had one of those and it can be seen in this photo on the left side (kinda dark). It could have been a Tonka. I had the yellow car carrier on the right.

post-37352-143139097432_thumb.jpg