Engine Rebuilding

Guest dodge36MA

Guest dodge36MA

Guys I have a general question regarding the engine in my '36 D2.

.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

My goal would be to learn as much as I can and hopefully rebuild it myself. (Everything except the machining ) Since these engines have been around for so long could anyone recommend and manuals or other ways to get the knowledge?

Thanks<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

If you do not have a motors manual that covers 1936, you might want to consider finding one as they have a ton of good info in them about all the mechanical workings of your car. I have sent you an e-mail and hope I can be of help.

Bob

The "Motor's Manual" is a must if you plan on repairing or rebuilding your car. It's an actual mechanics guide and should be easy to locate. The "Master Maintenance Manual 1934-1936 will give all recommended specifications and some handy instructions.Read these carefully as they give info on special procedures when assembling the engine. You can never have enough literature!

Guest dodge36MA

Hey guys,

Is this what you all mean for a "motors" manual?

1935-1942 Motors Auto Repair Manual

All along I have been looking for a 36 dodge motor manual.. expecting a specific manual for the exact motor.

I think things are clearing up now.

If this is it then I'll order it asap.

Guest 1930
Hey guys,

Is this what you all mean for a "motors" manual?

1935-1942 Motors Auto Repair Manual

All along I have been looking for a 36 dodge motor manual.. expecting a specific manual for the exact motor.

I think things are clearing up now.

If this is it then I'll order it asap.

I was speaking of the 36 only factory service manual

Guest dodge36MA

Ok I bought the red manual and am close to getting the blue. Now we wait for the mail. Thanks guys the explanations. Soon I'll be posting pictures of random engine parts!! I love this car!